We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Warehouse & Parts Technician, to join the Brucejack Mine in Northwestern, British Columbia.
Welcome to Newcrest!
Newcrest is one of the world's largest gold mining companies. As a global business, we aim to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels safe, valued, and supported to bring their whole unique self to work.
We recognise that our different backgrounds and perspectives help us find better ways to: solve problems; attract and retain the best people; explore, develop, and produce more gold safely and profitably; and help make Newcrest a better place to work.
This position provides Supply Chain support to the Operations and Maintenance departments to ensure the timely delivery of parts and materials required to support production at Brucejack mine site.
Perform the following duties, with safety being the number one priority:
- Manages the delivery of required parts and materials in accordance with a planned schedule and requested delivery.
- Maintains a high-level participation in shutdown maintenance ensuring the flow of goods and / or materials as required.
- Ensure all materials and resources are shipped & received safely, accurately and accounted for through proper delivery and storage practices, and procedures.
- Monitoring of bulk commodity levels and communicating results with various departments – Fuel & Propane
- Monitor inventory at various locations within Brucejack warehouse and laydown areas.
- Arrange the movement of material (Inventory and Non-Stock) between various locations in and around site.
- Maintain good relationships with vendors, end users and contractors.
- Keep accurate records – inventory control, cycle counts, inventory transactions, auditing & reporting.
- Provide prompt and efficient service and direct any enquiries to the appropriate department / person.
- Complete any site-based reports required from Safety, Environment in conjunction with the Warehouse Operations Superintendent or designate.
- Produce weekly/monthly reports for inventory, freight management, bulk products etc.
- Responsible for Safely following instructions from Departmental Leadership ensuring operational excellence in all warehouse areas, efficient operations of warehouse inventory management system and related equipment; ensure inventory is received and issued appropriately and efficiently and safely processed in the warehouse in accordance with all established business policies, procedures and process compliance SOPs.
- Adhere to and participate in Safety and Health Management Program.
- Demonstrate commitment to an injury-free environment through own actions and mentoring others.
- Correct issuance of inventory items from over-the-counter requests, ensure issue slips are properly filled out, coded, and entered in JD Edwards on a timely basis.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Other duties and responsibilities to support the overall success of the Brucejack Mine.
What we offer:
All our team members are rewarded with a host of great benefits, including:
- Extended Health and Dental benefits and insurance for eligible employees
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience, skills, and qualifications
- Ongoing training with continuous growth and development opportunities
- Red Seal Partsperson / Industrial Warehousing qualifications is Required.
- 1 -2 years of relevant front-line experience in warehouse operations, inventory management, and customer relations is Required.
- Ability to understand technical specifications of material and equipment.
- Proficient in MS Office and filing systems.
- Excellent communication and radio skills, able to read, write and speak English.
- Well-organized with multi-tasking abilities.
- Experience in planning, organizing, prioritizing and coordinating work in a changing environment.
- Skilled in using personal computer and various software packages, specifically JDE.
- Ability to establish priorities and work independently.
- Ability to investigate inventory discrepancies, variances and problem solve.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on workload, resource availability and business priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills and ability to manage multiple priorities
- Ability to lift 50lbs and sustain the high productivity levels over a 12hours shift.
- Comfortable working in a camp environment.
Our commitment to you:
At Newcrest, we hold core values that focus on caring about people, working together, and achieving a high-performance culture through innovation and problem solving.
Newcrest’s commitment to diversity and inclusion respects both the rights of every individual to work to their highest potential, free of discrimination, as well as the cultures, religions, and governing codes applicable to each country in which we operate.
Newcrest promotes a drug and alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
If you share our values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, submit your application online before the advertised application closing date.
IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR AN EXCITING NEW CHALLENGE, JOIN NEWCREST TODAY!