Northwestern, BC British Columbia
Welcome to the Brucejack Mine!
We are Pretivm – a Canadian mining company, headquartered in Vancouver, BC and the proud owner of the Brucejack Gold Mine. Brucejack Mine is a 3,800 tonnes-per-day high-grade gold underground mine located in northwestern British Columbia, approximately 65 kilometers north of Stewart.
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring a safe, comfortable and diverse working environment. We are working closely with our neighbours – the local communities and First Nations – to provide employment.
About the Opportunity:
We currently have a number of temporary employment opportunities for Surface Labourers on our seasonal Snow Removal Team supporting the success of the Surface Operations Team at the Brucejack Mine in Northwestern, British Columbia.
The Surface Labourers on our Snow Removal Team have an important role in ensuring all buildings and equipment related to the building are in safe and working order, while supporting, site operations. The position also ensures compliance with all Pretium Resources Inc.'s “Pretivm” Health & Safety and other relevant policies and regulations.
The Surface Labourer's primary report is to the Surface Operations Supervisors or designate.
Perform the following duties, with safety being the number one priority:
- Snow removal including: hand shoveling, salting and sanding. You will also be requested to perform snow removal activities at heights.
- Site clean-up including: garbage pick-up and general cleanup
- Load and unload materials and move materials to designated work areas
- Assist tradespersons such as carpenters and other construction and site activities
- Level earth to fine grade specifications using rake and shovel
- Assist in demolishing buildings using prying bars and other tools, and sort, clean and pile salvaged materials
- Remove and dispose of rubble and other mine debris using rakes, shovels, wheelbarrows and other equipment
- Participate in any other site specific training
- Perform other related duties to support the successful operation of the Brucejack Mine.