ERM is seeking a Staff Environmental Scientist, Water Resources to join our team in Vancouver or Smithers, BC. As part of our integrated water management team (hydrology, hydrogeology, geochemistry, water quality), you will safely plan and execute field programs and manage and analyze datasets associated with hydrometric monitoring, topographic surveying, water sampling, meteorology monitoring, and geologic sampling, among others. The successful candidate will be highly organized, able to problem solve technical challenges in remote areas, and prepared to travel to projects across Canada and internationally. This is an excellent opportunity for a junior professional looking to advance his or her career level with a global sustainability leader.
- Organize and implement monitoring programs, including hydrometric station installation, data logger programming, surveying and streamflow measurement, water sampling.
- Compile, manage and assess hydrometric, climate, and water quality data.
- Draft technical reports, or sections of reports, including environmental monitoring, environmental permitting, and impact assessments.
- B.Sc. or technical diploma in engineering or water sciences.
- 1 to 2 years of experience, including field experience.
- Strong commitment to safety, including following established Health & Safety protocols.
- Demonstrated ability to apply a high standard of scientific rigour to all projects and deliverables.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to multi-task, maintain flexibility, travel, and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Experience and interest in field work in remote locations under a variety of weather conditions.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Effective written/verbal communication and organization/analytical skills; experience recording/writing detailed technical data and reports.
- Demonstrated attributes to become a strong consultant – team player, eagerness to learn and grow, self-starter who takes initiative, versatile, and service-oriented mentality.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- French language skills an asset.
Please follow the link to our careers site to apply below:
Qualified candidates will be contacted by email. Based on review of these responses, shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews. Thank you for your interest in ERM!
Environmental Resources Management (ERM) is a leading global provider of environmental, health, safety, risk, social consulting services and sustainability related services. We have more than 160 offices in over 40 countries and territories employing more than 4,500 people who work on projects around the world. ERM is committed to providing a service that is consistent, professional and of the highest quality to create value for our clients. We have worked with many of the Global Fortune 500 companies delivering innovative solutions for business and selected government clients helping them understand and manage the sustainability challenges that the world is increasingly facing.
For over 40 years we have been working with clients around the world and in diverse industry sectors to help them to understand and manage their environmental, health, safety, risk and social impacts. The key sectors we serve include Oil & Gas, Mining, Power, and Manufacturing, Chemical and Pharmaceutical. All face critical sustainability challenges and our clients in these and many other areas rely on our ability to assist them operate more sustainably which has a positive impact on our planet.
Our people are outstanding, our workplace is energized! And we continuously strive to be the preferred place for environmental and other professionals to build meaningful and rewarding careers.
ERM is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.