Welcome to Newcrest!
Newcrest is one of the world's largest gold mining companies. As a global business, we aim to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels safe, valued, and supported to bring their whole unique self to work.
We recognise that our different backgrounds and perspectives help us find better ways to: solve problems; attract and retain the best people; explore, develop, and produce more gold safely and profitably; and help make Newcrest a better place to work.
Following the recent acquisition of Pretivm, Newcrest now own and operate the Brucejack Mine located 65 kilometers north of the town of Stewart in northern British Columbia.
The Brucejack underground mine is one of the largest and highest-grade gold mines globally and as of January 1, 2021, has proven and probable mineral reserves of 3.9 million ounces of gold (14.4 million tonnes grading 8.3 grams per tonne gold) with a mine life of 12 years.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Site Logistics & Dispatch to join the Brucejack Mine in Northwestern, British Columbia.
The purpose of the position is to organize and monitor the safe and efficient transportation and organization of employees to and from the mine site as well as some radio dispatching and emergency response duties.
Perform following duties, with safety being the number one priority:
- Create and distribute travel manifests for ground and air transportation of Newcrest and Business Partner personnel changes Monday through Friday.
- Provide updates throughout the day pertaining to travel changes and coordinate alternate travel arrangements as required.
- Troubleshoot travel disruptions (ground and air) to transport personnel in the most efficient way possible.
- Maintain up to date records of personnel movement to and from site.
- Create and distribute daily and weekly reports through the use of INNfinity software and Microsoft Office.
- Book commercial/private flights and hotel accommodations for employees
- First point of contact for Emergency Response (Incident Management Team)
- Coordinate helicopter use with site personnel and helicopter pilots.
- Operate radio and communicate site wide announcements for weather and traffic advisories, emergency response, and other situations.
- Advise personnel of route and traffic problems such as construction, accidents, congestion, weather conditions, and other pertinent information.
- Collaborate and communicate with Health & Safety, Mountain Safety, Environmental staff, shuttle drivers and relevant logistical personnel to ensure safe and efficient coordination of movement in/out of site and/or on other applicable matters.
- Maintain timely email communications with site personnel, travel partners, and other business partners.
- Assisting with Accommodations duties as needed (check outs, check ins, reservations, etc).
- Perform other related duties to support the successful operation of the Brucejack Mine.
- Understand and ensure compliance with Pretivm safety policies and governmental safety regulations including Ministry of Mines and WorksafeBC.
What we offer:
We are committed to ensuring that our team members are kept healthy and safe. To achieve this, we provide comfortable camp accommodations, as well as balanced meals prepared by our culinary team.
Team members can expect access to TV and Wi-Fi, our on-site gym, and a variety of recreational activities.
All our team members are also rewarded with a host of great benefits, including:
- Travel allowance and arrangements made for transportation to and from site
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience, skills, and qualifications
- Ongoing training with continuous growth and development opportunities
It is important to note that the safety and wellbeing of our team is our top priority. As such, we promote a drug and alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
Position requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Advanced communication skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks
- Advanced computer skills (i.e., Excel, Outlook, Teams programs; emailing, typing)
- Knowledge of principles and methods for moving people or goods by air or road, including the relative costs and benefits.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures, systems, and terminology
- Ability to respond calmly and quickly to emergency or high-pressure situations
- Excellent command/comprehension of the English language with strong verbal/writing skills.
- Collaborative approach to work; ability to work closely with a team throughout the day
- Confident decision-making skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated time management and decision-making skills; ability to prioritize work
- Self-motivated and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong/demonstrated leadership, communication, and conflict resolution skills
- Emergency response experience in an industrial work environment is an asset
- Successful completion of Incident Command System Levels 100 & 200 (Justice Institute of British Columbia) or equivalent is an asset
- Dispatch experience in a mining or industrial work setting is an asset
- Knowledge of the INNfinity software or other room booking system is an asset
- First Aid training is an asset
- Knowledge of workplace safety requirements and procedures
- Cross cultural awareness with an understanding and sensitivity of the challenges associated with differences in cultural and economic backgrounds
- Work at remote location (camp) on a 14 days on/14 days off rotation
- Able to pass a pre-employment medical screening
- Must be able to lift/move up to 50lbs throughout a work shift
- Be able maintain high levels of performance over 12-hour shifts
- Able to work in areas of extreme weather conditions
- Able to work in close quarters with a team
- Newcrest promotes a drug and alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing
Our commitment to you:
At Newcrest, we hold core values that focus on caring about people, working together, and achieving a high-performance culture through innovation and problem solving.
Newcrest’s commitment to diversity and inclusion respects both the rights of every individual to work to their highest potential, free of discrimination, as well as the cultures, religions, and governing codes applicable to each country in which we operate.
Newcrest promotes a drug and alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
If you share our values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, submit your application online before the advertised application closing date.
IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR AN EXCITING NEW CHALLENGE, JOIN NEWCREST AND THE BRUCEJACK MINE TODAY!