Welcome to Newcrest!
Newcrest is one of the world's largest gold mining companies. As a global business, we aim to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels safe, valued, and supported to bring their whole unique self to work.
We recognise that our different backgrounds and perspectives help us find better ways to: solve problems; attract and retain the best people; explore, develop, and produce more gold safely and profitably; and help make Newcrest a better place to work.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Study Manager – Brucejack Project to join our Vancouver Regional Office temporarily on a 12-month contract.
The successful candidate will manage the Brucejack Debottlenecking Study through Pre-Feasibility and Feasibility study phases, managing various stakeholders and a team of contractors, to deliver a robust project plan.
The Brucejack Debottlenecking aims to efficiently increase mine and plant throughput to extract significant value from the mine. The studies will focus on capital efficient ramp on a just in time basis to provide maximum project value whilst meeting Newcrest cashflow requirements.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide safety leadership to the project with a strong focus on process safety and culture.
- Challenge assumptions and foster innovative thinking to deliver the best outcomes for Newcrest.
- Deliver effective, ongoing stakeholder engagement to facilitate cooperation and alignment through strong relationship management between Brucejack Operations, Development (M&A and Exploration), Project Delivery, Technology and Innovation, Group Mining, Technical Services, and any other stakeholders.
- Guide cross-functional and cross-organizational teams for the successful delivery of Pre-Feasibility and Feasibility study phases of the project including for the processing plant, surface infrastructure, water, sand production and tailings dam.
- Broad accountabilities for the successful development of the project, including meeting financial objectives, permitting and legal requirements (including oversight of the approvals process and early-stage works).
- Deliver the studies on time and within budget per the Newcrest Gold Book and Project Management System; and
- Present reports as required to the project Steering Committee and ExCo.
What we offer:
All our team members are rewarded with a host of great benefits, including:
- Extended Health and Dental benefits and insurance for eligible employees
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience, skills, and qualifications
- Ongoing training with continuous growth and development opportunities
- Seven (7) years of experience in a similar role with an emphasis on leading projects and stakeholder engagement
- Relevant post-secondary education in Engineering or a similar field
- Professional Engineer designation (P.Eng) would be an asset
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills – both written and verbal
- Demonstrated leadership skills and abilities
Our commitment to you:
At Newcrest, we hold core values that focus on caring about people, working together, and achieving a high-performance culture through innovation and problem solving.
Newcrest’s commitment to diversity and inclusion respects both the rights of every individual to work to their highest potential, free of discrimination, as well as the cultures, religions, and governing codes applicable to each country in which we operate.
Newcrest promotes a drug and alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
If you share our values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, submit your application online before the advertised application closing date.
IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR AN EXCITING NEW CHALLENGE, JOIN NEWCREST TODAY!