Welcome to Newcrest!
Newcrest is one of the world's largest gold mining companies. As a global business, we aim to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels safe, valued, and supported to bring their whole unique self to work.
We recognize that our different backgrounds and perspectives help us find better ways to: solve problems; attract and retain the best people; explore, develop, and produce more gold safely and profitably; and help make Newcrest a better place to work.
The Brucejack Mine is an operating underground gold and silver mine and is considered one of the highest-grade operating gold mines in the world. It is located 65 kilometers north of the town of Stewart in northern British Columbia.
We currently have an opportunity for a Mill Maintenance Electrician to join the Brucejack Mine in northern British Columbia.
The Mill Maintenance Electrician’s primary responsibility is to maintain and take advantage of optimizing opportunities in the mill related to availabilities, costs, or reliability. The successful candidate will help in the development of SWPs (Safe Work Procedures) and development of PM program, as well as all tasks assigned by the Mill Maintenance Supervisor.
Perform following duties, with safety being the number one priority:
- Responsible for overseeing/troubleshooting the electrical work in support of mill/underground and related facility maintenance.
- Consult and liaise with the maintenance and operations to set priorities on instrumentation issues or improvements.
- Ensure that all work is carried out in a safe manner in compliance with electrical Codes, Health & Safety policies, and Mines act regulations.
- Identify, develop, and implement electrical initiatives that will be improvements to mill availabilities, costs or reliability.
- Develop standard operating procedures (SOP’s) to ensure tasks are performed in a safe and consistent manner.
- Keep abreast of advances in technology in the electrical fields and seek opportunities to apply them where appropriate.
- Research, select and work with planners to purchase suitable electrical components/controls and ensure warehouse is stocked with appropriate replacement parts to ensure continuous, uninterrupted service.
- Monitor and report on the effectiveness of upgrades and modifications that are made to all mill equipment, record all information daily on work order system.
- Ensure targets and deadlines are met.
- Other duties as required.
What We Offer
We are committed to ensuring that our team members are kept healthy and safe. To achieve this, we provide comfortable on-site accommodations with private washrooms, including excellent balanced meals prepared by our culinary team. Team members can expect access to TV and Wi-Fi, our on-site gym and a variety of recreational activities including a golf simulator, high-intensity fitness classes, yoga classes, seasonal snowshoeing, and hiking groups. You will also have access to a fully equipped music room while on site.
All our team members are also rewarded with a host of great benefits, including:
- Travel allowance and arrangements made for transportation to and from site.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience, skills, and qualifications
- Ongoing training with continuous growth and development opportunities
It is important to note that the safety and wellbeing of our team is our top priority. As such, we promote a drug and alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
Position requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Red Seal Electrician or equivalent with Five (5) years’ experience in Electrical field in a mining or industrial environment is required.
- Strong demonstrated knowledge of workplace safety requirements and procedures.
- Demonstrated Electrical abilities in both technical and operational settings.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Exceptional organizational, leadership and conflict management skills
- Computer software skills (i.e. word processing, spreadsheets etc.)
- This position follows a 13 days in/13 days out rotation schedule.
- Able to pass employment medical screening.
- Comfortable working in close quarters with the team & in extreme weather conditions
- Newcrest promotes a drug and alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and with cause drug testing.
Our Commitment to You
At Newcrest, we hold core values that focus on caring about people, working together, and achieving a high-performance culture through innovation and problem solving.
Newcrest’s commitment to diversity and inclusion respects both the rights of every individual to work to their highest potential, free of discrimination, as well as the cultures, religions, and governing codes applicable to each country in which we operate.
If you share our values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, submit your application through our website before the advertised closing date.
IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR AN EXCITING NEW CHALLENGE, JOIN NEWCREST AND THE BRUCEJACK MINE TODAY!