Interested in a job with Bandstra Transportation?
We are a transportation and logistics company, providing dedicated LTL & TL, van and deck service across Western Canada. With more than 65 years of service, we have developed a well-known and solid reputation for providing unparalleled service to our customers. With the experience that comes from servicing everything from the largest mines and manufacturers to the smallest local business, our team is equipped to handle almost any transportation project.
Our people are the key to our success! This is why we have been recognized by Trucking HR Canada as a Top Fleet Employer. From the clerk to the President, each person plays an important role in the overall supply chain, ensuring our customers receive their goods in the time frame they expect. We have a strong commitment to safety, as verified by our COR certification. We operate new equipment, which is continually maintained to the highest standard.
Join our team today – apply now!
We are currently accepting resumes for an experienced Local Class 1 Truck Driver for our Prince George, BC operations.
Job ID: 442-22
Start Date: As Soon As Possible
The successful applicant will be expected to perform the following:
- Pickup and delivery work with a tractor & trailer (flat deck / van)
- Load and unload trucks and trailers with a forklift as needed
- Adhere to a high standard of safety and be safety conscious
- Be able to work with minimum supervision
- Competitive hourly pay rates
- Full benefits (medical & dental)
- Matching RRSP
- Union Representation
In order to be qualified, applicants must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Valid Class 1 license
- Strong attention to detail
- knowledge of National Safety Code Cargo Securement Standard 10 preferred
- Driver's abstract must show no driving-related criminal code convictions in the prior 36 months; no more than 2 moving violations in the prior 12 months; and no more than 3 moving violations in the prior 36 months. The date of conviction and the current date will be the date used to determine time periods
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug testing
- Must be physically able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Proficient in English (both reading and writing)
Remit your resume and ‘N’ type driver’s abstract to be considered.
Bandstra is always looking for talented individuals who thrive in challenging environments. If you feel that you are the right person for this job, please respond to this ad.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Store discount
- Vision care
- Day shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Prince George, BC V2N 5T3: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- commercial driving: 2 years (preferred)
- Class 1 License
- Class 5 license with air brake endorsement (preferred)