Source: BC Hydro
Job Title: Indigenous Professionals in Development
Job Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Annual Salary: $ 85,200.00 – 107,700.00
Powered by water… and by people like you
Providing clean electricity to 4 million customers takes a diverse workforce and that’s where you come in. We need your talent to help us build major projects to meet growing demand. To help our customers find clean energy solutions for their homes and businesses and to be ready to respond during storms and outages to keep our system reliable.
Working for BC Hydro is meaningful. And now, the stakes have been raised as we work towards a solution to climate change while safely providing clean, affordable electricity to our customers.
We offer a healthy work life balance, training opportunities and career progression. We're proud to be ranked as one of B.C.'s Top Employers and one of Canada's Best Diversity Employers. Join us as we build an even cleaner B.C.
Join us for an exciting 12-month professional program for Indigenous post-secondary graduates interested in exploring a career with BC Hydro. This program offers two or more rotations, across business groups within BC Hydro offices located in the Lower Mainland and/or regional offices around the province.
Rotations will be based on candidate’s interest and skill as well as BC Hydro’s business needs. Rotational areas could include Finance, Supply Chain, Information Technology, Planning, Customer Service, Human Resources, Project Delivery, Communications & Marketing, Environment, Indigenous Relations, Engineering or other groups. This program is aimed at providing valuable work experience, leadership development, and an opportunity to build relationships across the organization.
This program is exclusive to candidates who identify as Indigenous (First Nations, Metis or Inuit) as per the Constitution Act, 1982, Section 35 (2) and are interested in professional career development and is a component of BC Hydro’s Indigenous employment and training strategy.
Will vary depending on the business group, but all rotations will require:
* Participation in the orientation and onboarding of BC Hydro’s business practices, processes, and systems; and completion of required safety training to fulfill rotation requirements.
* Leads and supports program or project management tasks with direction from the host Manager.
* Identifies business requirements and leads or co-leads a phase of a business process improvement and facilitates or co-facilitates the knowledge transfer to a group of professionals.
* Completes project tasks and reviews with subject matter experts to ensure accuracy and quality.
* Develops and implements evaluation methods against stated objectives. Prepares reports to monitor progress and achievement of objectives to identify opportunities for improvements. Ensures reports are delivered to key stakeholders to meet corporate reporting needs.
* Writes and edits briefing materials, reports and presentations as required.
* Acts as liaison internally with business groups to successfully deliver the program or project.
* Shadows leadership functions including but not limited to, strategic planning, business planning, and people management.