The Superintendent is the company representative who has the primary responsibility for all field operations from initial project planning to completion. The incumbent is responsible for all project activities including the supervision of self-performed and subcontracted construction work. They share responsibility with the Site Management Team for developing the project budget, management of activities in the preconstruction phase and ensuring the project is built on time, within budget, and according to company policies and procedures. The Superintendent is proactive with respect to risk and opportunity and occupies a clearly recognized leadership role between senior management and field forces. A true carrier of culture with responsibility for ensuring field supervision and specialists are properly assigned, safe and productive, they oversee and mentor foremen and all other field personnel within their sector/region/area of responsibility.
- Requisition personnel for an assigned project within company guidelines and standards.
- Requisition services, material, supplies, tools, and equipment for an assigned project within company guidelines, standards, and/or prepared budgets.
- Recommend promotion, demotion, or transfer of a reporting employee.
- Recommend pay adjustments for reporting employees.
- Recommend suspension or dismissal of a reporting employee or subcontractor.
- Discipline a reporting employee with input from Human Resources.
- Stop work should safety be compromised.
- Recommend and advise the site management team and client of additions and deletions to scope of work for assigned projects.
- Prepare estimates of quantities of Labor, Material, and Equipment for clients.
- Reports to the Project Manager.
- Manages all assigned General Foreman, Trade Foreman, employees, and subcontractors.