Welcome to Newcrest!
Newcrest is one of the world's largest gold mining companies. As a global business, we aim to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels safe, valued, and supported to bring their whole unique self to work.
We recognise that our different backgrounds and perspectives help us find better ways to: solve problems; attract and retain the best people; explore, develop, and produce more gold safely and profitably; and help make Newcrest a better place to work.
Following the recent acquisition of Pretivm, Newcrest now own and operate the Brucejack Mine located 65 kilometers north of the town of Stewart in northern British Columbia.
The Brucejack underground mine is one of the largest and highest-grade gold mines globally and as of January 1, 2021 has proven and probable mineral reserves of 3.9 million ounces of gold (14.4 million tonnes grading 8.3 grams per tonne gold) with a mine life of 12 years.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Warehouse, Supervisor to join our Supply Chain team located at Smithers.
The role provides direct Supervision for the Warehouse Team as well as providing leadership for the broader facility. Responsible for the safe operations through the development of the Newsafe culture, the Supervisor is also responsible for the development of the team in terms of training and development and for the implementation of a people centric work culture.
The Warehouse Supervisor accountabilities will include:
- Support the creation and evolution of a Newsafe Culture within the team.
- Manage team performance and compliance with Newcrest SOP’s.
- Compliance with Newcrest Governance requirements.
- Ensure high levels of inventory accuracy and ongoing inventory optimization.
- To provide leadership and direction for the team through influence, and effective communications.
- Act as a mentor and coach team members.
- Create a people centric work culture that is open, supportive and supports our goal of being the miner of choice in the region.
- Implement a Continuous Improvement approach to the warehouse function.
- Interface with site Warehouse teams to ensure visibility of freight flows.
- Interface with commercial teams to address any inventory constraints.
- Ensure Capital Spares are stored and maintained according to manufacturer’s storage and preservation requirements.
- Manage the budget for the facility.
- To take on special projects and pilot initiatives as directed.
What we offer:
We are committed to ensuring that our team members are kept healthy and safe. To achieve this, we provide comfortable camp accommodations, as well as balanced meals prepared by our culinary team.
Team members can expect access to TV and Wi-Fi, our on-site gym, and a variety of recreational activities.
All our team members are also rewarded with a host of great benefits, including:
- Travel allowance and arrangements made for transportation to and from site
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience, skills, and qualifications
- Ongoing training with continuous growth and development opportunities
It is important to note that the safety and wellbeing of our team is our top priority. As such, we promote a drug and alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
- Red seal Certified Parts Person.
- Over five years of experience within industrial warehouse functions
- Proficient in JDE / SAP.
Our commitment to you:
At Newcrest, we hold core values that focus on caring about people, working together, and achieving a high-performance culture through innovation and problem solving.
Newcrest’s commitment to diversity and inclusion respects both the rights of every individual to work to their highest potential, free of discrimination, as well as the cultures, religions, and governing codes applicable to each country in which we operate.
Newcrest promotes a drug and alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
If you share our values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, submit your application online before the advertised application closing date.
IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR AN EXCITING NEW CHALLENGE, JOIN NEWCREST AND THE BRUCEJACK MINE TODAY!