Welcome to Newmont!
Newmont has recently acquired Newcrest Mining creating the world’s leading gold mining company.
With operations around the world, our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities where we operate. We aim to create an inclusive environment where everyone feels safe, valued, and supported to bring their whole unique self to work. We bring out the best in each other, inspiring performance, and a shared belief that what we do matters.
Our Brucejack operation is now recruiting for a Warehouse and Freight Logistics Coordinator with a competitive wage of $44.52 dependent on experience, skills, and competencies with consideration to internal equity with an additional short-term incentive of 10%.
The Warehouse and Freight Logistics Coordinator is responsible for efficiently planning and coordinating shipments, ensuring accurate documentation for materials, and maintaining an up-to-date inventory. This role involves generating timely reports, fostering positive relationships with stakeholders, and actively participating in the loading and unloading of freight, while also handling additional duties as required. Overall, the position plays a vital role in optimizing logistics operations and supporting the organization's objectives.
Perform following duties, with safety being the number one priority:
- Plan & coordinate the shipment of concentrate cans, cement isos, fuel, propane, heavy & light equipment, inbound & outbound freight.
- Ensure shipments to and from site are properly logged & documented.
- Prepare shipping lists, conduct receipts of goods check.
- Prepare & issue warehouse inventory reports as required.
- Maintain accurate inventory for materials stored and keep documentation current.
- Update management on the status of expediting purchase orders, materials & shipments.
- Complete accurate reports in a timely matter.
- Produce daily / weekly / monthly reports for inventory, freight management, bulk products, etc.
- Maintain good working relationships with business partners & co-workers.
- Coordinate and assist with loading & unloading of freight.
- Provide prompt and efficient service and and direct any enquiries to the appropriate department / person.
- Complete maintenance requests through the use of an ERP.
- Complete daily pre-operation checklists and Field Level Hazard Assessment Cards.
- Other relevant duties as required.
What We Offer
We are committed to ensuring that our team members are kept healthy and safe. To achieve this, we provide comfortable on-site accommodations with private washrooms, including excellent balanced meals prepared by our culinary team. Team members can expect access to TV and Wi-Fi, our on-site gym and a variety of recreational activities including a golf simulator, high-intensity fitness classes, yoga classes, seasonal snowshoeing, and hiking groups. You will also have access to a fully equipped music room while on site.
All our team members are also rewarded with a host of great benefits, including:
- Travel allowance and arrangements made for transportation to and from site.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience, skills, and qualifications
- Competitive Benefits and Registered Retirement Savings Plan matching program
- Ongoing training with continuous growth and development opportunities
It is important to note that the safety and wellbeing of our team is our top priority. As such, we promote a drug and alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
Position requirements include, but are not limited to:
- 3-5 years of experience in supply chain coordination.
- Competent with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Strong communication skills.
- Must be comfortable working in a dynamic environment.
- Base knowledge of trucking is preferred.
- Work at remote location (camp) on a 13 days on/13 days off rotation with 2 travel days.
- Must be able to lift/move up to 50lbs throughout a work shift.
- Be able to maintain high levels of performance over 12-hour shifts.
Our Commitment to You
Newmont is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Underpinned by our values of Safety, Sustainability, Integrity, Responsibility and Inclusion, our commitment is to respect the rights of every individual to work to their highest potential, free of discrimination, as well as the cultures, religions, and governing codes applicable to each country in which we operate.
If you share our values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, submit your application through our website before the advertised closing date.