Welcome to Newcrest!
Newcrest is one of the world's largest gold mining companies. As a global business, we aim to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels safe, valued, and supported to bring their whole unique self to work.
We recognize that our different backgrounds and perspectives help us find better ways to: solve problems; attract and retain the best people; explore, develop, and produce more gold safely and profitably; and help make Newcrest a better place to work.
The Brucejack Mine is an operating underground gold and silver mine and is considered one of the highest-grade operating gold mines in the world. It is located 65 kilometers north of the town of Stewart in northern British Columbia.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Underground Mine Supervisor to join Newcrest’s Brucejack Mine. The position reports directly to the Mine Captain(s).
Ensure the safe, efficient, and environmentally responsible day-to-day operations of the underground mine at the Brucejack Mine Site.
Through guidance and consultation with the Mine Superintendents and Mine Captains, this position ensures all Underground/Site Activities adhere to all Health, Safety and Environmental regulations as well as all company standards/policies and procedures.
Perform the following duties with safety being the number one priority:
- Demonstrate behaviors that match policies and procedures, set the right example, be a role model and coach for employees, management, contractors so that the team are encouraged to demonstrate the correct attitudes and safety behaviors.
- Assist in the planning and execution of the underground mine plan including contractors, to assure compliance with Newcrest priorities.
- Provide written daily status reports highlighting contractual irregularities.
- Plan production and development work with the contractor and monitor their performance, while integrating opportunities aligned with continuous improvement.
- Complete safety compliance inspections and technical work performance reviews.
- Complete evaluations of work performed by contractor employees and supervisors for invoicing purposes.
What We Offer
We are committed to ensuring that our team members are kept healthy and safe. To achieve this, we provide comfortable on-site accommodations with private washrooms, including excellent balanced meals prepared by our culinary team. Team members can expect access to TV and Wi-Fi, our on-site gym and a variety of recreational activities including a golf simulator, high-intensity fitness classes, yoga classes, seasonal snowshoeing, and hiking groups. You will also have access to a fully equipped music room while on site.
All our team members are also rewarded with a host of great benefits, including:
- Travel allowance and arrangements made for transportation to and from site.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience, skills, and qualifications
- Ongoing training with continuous growth and development opportunities
It is important to note that the safety and wellbeing of our team is our top priority. As such, we promote a drug and alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
- Unwavering commitment to safety and environmental values
- 5 years’ experience in the mining industry with 1 year being spent in a supervisory role is preferred.
- Demonstrated management abilities in both technical and operational settings.
- Demonstrated contract management abilities in both the administration and operational control of contractors.
- Have or be able to obtain a British Columbia Underground Mine Shift Boss Ticket
- Ability to build an operations team and foster a team mentality.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Work at remote location (camp) on a 13 days on/13 days off rotation with 2 days travel.
- Able to pass a pre-employment medical screening.
- Able to work in areas of extreme weather conditions.
- Able to work in close quarters with the team.
- Able to work underground in a mine-site setting.
- Able to wear appropriate and required underground Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Our Commitment to You
At Newcrest, we hold core values that focus on caring about people, working together, and achieving a high-performance culture through innovation and problem solving.
Newcrest’s commitment to diversity and inclusion respects both the rights of every individual to work to their highest potential, free of discrimination, as well as the cultures, religions, and governing codes applicable to each country in which we operate.
If you share our values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, submit your application through our website before the advertised closing date.
IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR AN EXCITING NEW CHALLENGE, JOIN NEWCREST AND THE BRUCEJACK MINE TODAY!