Welcome to Newcrest!
Newcrest is one of the world's largest gold mining companies. As a global business, we aim to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels safe, valued, and supported to bring their whole unique self to work.
We recognise that our different backgrounds and perspectives help us find better ways to: solve problems; attract and retain the best people; explore, develop, and produce more gold safely and profitably; and help make Newcrest a better place to work.
Following the recent acquisition of Pretivm, Newcrest now own and operate the Brucejack Mine located 65 kilometers north of the town of Stewart in northern British Columbia.
The Brucejack underground mine is one of the largest and highest-grade gold mines globally and as of January 1, 2021, has proven and probable mineral reserves of 3.9 million ounces of gold (14.4 million tonnes grading 8.3 grams per tonne gold) with a mine life of 12 years.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Truck Driver – Equipment Operator to join the Brucejack Mine in Northwestern, British Columbia.
The successful candidate will be expected to perform the following duties, with safety being the number one priority:
- Responsible for safely operating tandem axle, tridem axle trucks, tridem axle trailers, heavy haul 8×8 winch trucks and other off-road haulers.
- Participate in pre-job meetings and toolbox meetings
- Preoperational inspection of vehicles, Preventative maintenance of vehicles and general cleanliness of vehicles
- Completion of all logbooks, Field level risk hazard assessments, time sheets, bill of ladings
- Transport all goods including equipment, freight, specialized mill parts, septic and more safely and securely
- Proper inspection of load securement and loads. Ensuring that all loads are not over capacity and secured properly
- Winching of trailers (scissor), camp modules, skids and other items
- Occasionally responsible for collection of, transport of and disposal of sewage and site waste
- Maneuverability of truck and or truck and trailer in tight spots and in poor weather conditions
- Reporting of all defects, incidents and accidents and violations of law
- Perform other duties to support the successful operation of the Brucejack Mine.
What we offer:
We are committed to ensuring that our team members are kept healthy and safe. To achieve this, we provide comfortable camp accommodations, as well as balanced meals prepared by our culinary team.
Team members can expect access to TV and Wi-Fi, our on-site gym, and a variety of recreational activities.
All our team members are also rewarded with a host of great benefits, including:
- Travel allowance and arrangements made for transportation to and from site
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience, skills, and qualifications
- Ongoing training with continuous growth and development opportunities
It is important to note that the safety and wellbeing of our team is our top priority. As such, we promote a drug and alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
- Minimum of Class 1 Drivers’ License with clean driver’s abstract.
- Minimum five (5) years hauling with proven experience.
- Winch truck, Vacuum Truck and Off Highway operating experience is considered an asset.
- Equipment hauling & camp hauling experience is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of regulations and logbooks.
- Strong knowledge of hazardous goods and handling.
- Ability to adapt and be flexible.
- Ability to operate under pressure and in severe weather conditions.
- Must be mechanically inclined and able to trouble shoot in field.
- Able to read, understand, and follow safety procedures & policies.
- Detail and results oriented with the ability to adhere to shifting priorities and deadlines.
- Experience with hauling off-road an asset.
- Work at remote location (camp) on a 13 days on/13 days off rotation & 2 travel days.
- Able to pass a pre-employment medical screening.
- Must be able to lift/move up to 50lbs throughout a work shift.
- Be able maintain high levels of performance over 12-hour shifts.
- Able to work in areas of extreme weather conditions.
- Able to work in close quarters with the team.
Our commitment to you:
At Newcrest, we hold core values that focus on caring about people, working together, and achieving a high-performance culture through innovation and problem solving.
Newcrest’s commitment to diversity and inclusion respects both the rights of every individual to work to their highest potential, free of discrimination, as well as the cultures, religions, and governing codes applicable to each country in which we operate.
Newcrest promotes a drug and alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
If you share our values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, submit your application online before the advertised application closing date.
IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR AN EXCITING NEW CHALLENGE, JOIN NEWCREST AND THE BRUCEJACK MINE TODAY!