Welcome to Newmont!
Newmont has recently acquired Newcrest Mining creating the world’s leading gold mining company.
With operations around the world, our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities where we operate. We aim to create an inclusive environment where everyone feels safe, valued, and supported to bring their whole unique self to work. We bring out the best in each other, inspiring performance, and a shared belief that what we do matters.
Our Brucejack operation is now recruiting for the position of Surface Operations Coordinator/Planner with a competitive base salary between $75,000-$85,000 dependent on experience, skills, and competencies with consideration to internal equity with an additional short-term incentive of 10%.
The primary responsibility of the Surface Operations Coordinator/Planner is to organize, plan and offer operational and project control assistance to all operation and project endeavors in collaboration with the Operations management team. Collaborating with other members of the Operations team, the Coordinator/Planner contributes to the ongoing development of the Brucejack Project. Ensuring a secure working environment, adhering to all operating standards and practices, while maintaining quality are key responsibilities of the Operations Coordinator/Planner.
Perform following duties, with safety being the number one priority:
- Assist with Operation Execution Planning.
- Assistance with Written Operational Documentation/Execution.
- Review and Confirm quantities, equipment requirements, manpower/contractor loading and scheduling.
- Data entry for KPI’s.
- Requesting quotes, creating purchase requisitions and tracking purchases.
- Coordinate activities between the 3 areas of the Brucejack mine (Wildfire, Knipple and Brucejack) and track personal and equipment movements.
- Attend weekly planning meetings and advise on discrepancies with execution planning.
- Review and input to indirect plans to ensure alignment with direct Operation and project requirements.
- Review, update and provide input into reporting of labor, materials cost and schedule reporting involved in the execution of the project to management.
- Review and input to training matrix, training scheduling, timesheets, and schedule.
- Review budgeted man-hours for direct and indirect project activities and advise on any discrepancies.
- Review, update pertinent HSE documentation.
- Assist with onboarding and scheduling of contractors.
- Track, file, and assist with Daily Incident reports.
What We Offer
We are committed to ensuring that our team members are kept healthy and safe. To achieve this, we provide comfortable on-site accommodations with private washrooms, including excellent balanced meals prepared by our culinary team. Team members can expect access to TV and Wi-Fi, our on-site gym and a variety of recreational activities including a golf simulator, high-intensity fitness classes, yoga classes, seasonal snowshoeing, and hiking groups. You will also have access to a fully equipped music room while on site.
All our team members are also rewarded with a host of great benefits, including:
- Travel allowance and arrangements made for transportation to and from site.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience, skills, and qualifications
- Competitive Benefits and Registered Retirement Savings Plan matching program
- Ongoing training with continuous growth and development opportunities
It is important to note that the safety and wellbeing of our team is our top priority. As such, we promote a drug and alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
Position requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Experience working in remote worksite locations, as well as significant experience coordinating operational daily work activities is required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point.
- Strong demonstrated knowledge of workplace safety requirements and procedures
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience working and interacting with operations and construction contractors
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (English)
- Exceptional organizational, leadership, supervisory and conflict management skills
- The ability to work independently, showcasing the capability to make strategic decisions that align with the department’s objectives.
- Experience or understanding of purchase ordering and budget control.
- Experience working with ERP software programs, such as SAP (System Applications and Products in Data Processing, JDE (J.D Edwards).
- Work at remote camp location on a 13 days on 13 days off rotation.
- Work in close quarters with team members
- Must pass the employment medical screening process.
- Work in extreme weather conditions and at elevated heights
Our Commitment to You
Newmont is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Underpinned by our values of Safety, Sustainability, Integrity, Responsibility and Inclusion, our commitment is to respect the rights of every individual to work to their highest potential, free of discrimination, as well as the cultures, religions, and governing codes applicable to each country in which we operate.
If you share our values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, submit your application through our website before the advertised closing date.