Welcome to Newcrest!
Newcrest is one of the world's largest gold mining companies. As a global business, we aim to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels safe, valued, and supported to bring their whole unique self to work.
We recognise that our different backgrounds and perspectives help us find better ways to: solve problems; attract and retain the best people; explore, develop, and produce more gold safely and profitably; and help make Newcrest a better place to work.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Superintendent, Procurement to join our Vancouver Regional Office.
The Superintendent, Procurement will provide safe, efficient, and cost-effective operational control of Procurement section / area in accordance with legal requirements and company objectives. This role will also provide leadership and operational direction to the Red Chris area work teams and the Category team members, ensuring resources, capacity and capability are aligned to the work plans.
The accountabilities for the Procurement Superintendent to be delivered through inspired leadership focused on duty of care, operational discipline, value creation and continuous improvement are:
- Lead the delivery of sourcing, category management and contract management processes including change management, progress claim verification, variations, site instructions and letter correspondence between Red Chris and contractors
- Lead the development and implementation of sourcing strategy per category, updated on a quarterly basis
- Identify and lead direct reports to deliver value creation projects including volume or cost reduction and efficiency improvements
- Support the development and improvement of business opportunities under the ICBA
- Lead, drive and monitor contract owner accountability
- Embed the Contract Review Working Group and drive best in class standards
- Lead the development and improvement of supplier management strategies
- Co-ordinate in conjunction with Group Supply and the Regional Categories team tendering activities including preparation of work packages, assessing proposals and deliver recommendations
- Lead the development and improvement of supplier and service master data
- Support shareholders and corporate value through demonstrated achievement toward the strategic objectives
- Ensure effective safety and health management across areas of accountability through high standards of housekeeping, effective critical controls, and proactive elimination of hazards
- Promptly investigate all injuries, actual or high potential incidents within your area of responsibility and ensure that corrective actions are completed on time and verified
- Role model and effect sustainable improvement in supervisory and workforce practices to deliver on current and future business needs
- Driving operational discipline in alignment with business priorities and expectations through clearly defining what is expected, ensuring understanding of expectations, verifying that expectations are delivered on and leading by example
- Collaborate with peers and management in identifying and pursuing cross discipline initiatives to deliver on business needs
- Instill a no-nonsense high-performance culture of operational discipline and accountability; ensures effective communications across work areas, clarity of expectations and continuous review of performance measures to consistently deliver the business objectives
- Lead, coach, mentor and support employees and direct reports to understand and deliver on the planning commitments
- Drive the implementation strategies to maximize asset potential and deliver on the plans; aligning resources, people, succession plans and development
- Identify the need for change to deliver on operational objectives; supports, drives, and monitors change initiatives
- Provide leadership in the identification and management of risk through compliance with risk management processes and practices
- Elevates developing issues and concerns to the Departmental Manager for consultation and advice to reach agreed interventions and solutions, report back on the effectiveness
What we offer:
All our team members are rewarded with a host of great benefits, including:
- Extended Health and Dental benefits and insurance for eligible employees
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience, skills, and qualifications
- Ongoing training with continuous growth and development opportunities
- Experience with leading, developing, coaching and mentoring professional teams of five or more people
- Highly capable in negotiation and influence, strategic and pragmatic thinking, and a growth mindset. Able to make decisions taking into consideration an array of perspectives
- Ability to formulate strong business relationships (internal and external) and able to collaborate with cross-functional teams in complex business environments, with multiple stakeholders and strategic considerations
- Experience in management of change, commercial and market analytics, and contractual and commercial terms.
- Experience communicating effectively to a wide range of audiences, both in writing (e.g., briefings, announcements, brochures) and verbally (e.g., presentations, meetings, one-on-one)
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication, presentation, negotiation, planning and organizational skills
- Experience with business opportunity development for landowner, indigenous or first nation groups desirable
- This position requires a post-graduate degree in Business, Commerce, Administration, Finance, Engineering, Legal or Supply Chain Management. Project Management certification(s) and experience would be an asset.
- 10-15 years of experience in heavy industry contracts, procurement, and logistics; mining experience would be an asset.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools
- Proficient with P2P platforms such as SAP and Ariba
- Experience with Power BI
Our commitment to you:
At Newcrest, we hold core values that focus on caring about people, working together, and achieving a high-performance culture through innovation and problem solving.
Newcrest’s commitment to diversity and inclusion respects both the rights of every individual to work to their highest potential, free of discrimination, as well as the cultures, religions, and governing codes applicable to each country in which we operate.
Newcrest promotes a drug and alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
If you share our values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, submit your application online before the advertised application closing date.
IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR AN EXCITING NEW CHALLENGE, JOIN NEWCREST TODAY!