Welcome to Newmont!
Newmont has recently acquired Newcrest Mining creating the world’s leading gold mining company.
With operations around the world, our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities where we operate. We aim to create an inclusive environment where everyone feels safe, valued, and supported to bring their whole unique self to work. We bring out the best in each other, inspiring performance, and a shared belief that what we do matters.
Our Brucejack operation is now recruiting for a temporary Procurement Superintendent with a competitive base salary of $150,000 dependent on experience, skills, and competencies with consideration to internal equity. This temporary position offers the flexibility of full-time remote work with the choice to work out of our Vancouver-based office as needed. Additionally, occasional travel to both the Brucejack site and our Smithers office will be part of the dynamic nature of this role.
The Superintendent Procurement, Brucejack Mine will provide safe, efficient and cost-effective operational control of the Procurement function in accordance with legal requirements and company objectives. Provide leadership and operational direction to the Brucejack work teams and Category Leads as required, ensuring resources, capacity and capability are aligned to Site work plans. Responsible for Procurement performance, associated KPIs, reporting and associated documentation. Proactively identify, report on and recommend corrections or improvements to process; champion, initiate and monitor ongoing improvement projects focused on safety, sustainability, First Nations compliance, value creation and cost reduction. Responsible for developing the team competencies to meet current and future business needs while supporting both the Group and Regional Procurement Excellence, Category Management and continuous improvement initiatives.
The accountabilities for the Procurement Superintendent to be delivered through inspired leadership focused on duty of care, operational discipline, value creation and continuous improvement are:
- Lead the delivery of sourcing, category management and contract management processes.
- Identify and lead direct reports to deliver value creation including volume or cost reduction and efficiency improvements.
- Procurement reporting
- Support the development and improvement of business opportunities under the First Nation Agreements
- Lead, drive and monitor contract owner accountability.
- Lead the development and improvement Contract management with Contract Owners
- Co-ordinate with Group Supply as required.
- Lead the development and improvement of supplier and service master data.
- Promptly investigate all injuries, actual or high potential incidents within your area of responsibility and ensure that corrective actions are completed on time and verified.
- Act as a role model in supervisory and workforce practices engaging proactively with direct reports.
- Driving operational discipline in alignment with business priorities and expectations through clearly defining what is expected, ensuring understanding of expectations, verifying that expectations are delivered on and leading by example.
- Collaborate with peers and management in identifying and pursuing cross discipline initiatives to deliver on business needs.
- Lead, coach, mentor and support employees and direct reports to understand and deliver on the planning commitments.
- Drive the implementation strategies to maximise asset potential and deliver on the plans, aligning resources, people, succession plans and development.
- Identify the need for change to deliver on operational objectives; supports, drives, and monitors change initiatives.
- Provide leadership in the identification and management of risk through compliance with risk management processes and practices.
- Elevates developing issues and concerns to the Department Manager
What We Offer
All our team members are also rewarded with a host of great benefits, including:
- Extended Health and Dental benefits and insurance for eligible employees
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience, skills, and qualifications
- Ongoing training with continuous growth and development opportunities
Position requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Relevant post-secondary degree or diploma in Business, Commerce, Administration, Finance, Engineering, Legal, or Supply Chain Management.
- SCMP, PMP, or equivalent qualifications would be considered an asset.
- A minimum of ten (10) years of experience in contracts and procurement within heavy industries, with a preference for the mining sector.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel), SAP, and Ariba.
- Strong background in commercial and market analytics.
- Proven ability to lead, develop, coach, and mentor large teams effectively.
- Highly skilled in negotiation and influential tactics.
- Expertise in contract negotiations, including terms and conditions and various pricing structures.
- Demonstrated capability in forming strong business relationships, both internally and externally.
- Experience in change management.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication, presentation, negotiation, planning, and organizational skills.
- Familiarity with area First Nations.
- Background working on heavy industry sites, preferably in the mining sector.
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams in complex business environments, with multiple stakeholders and strategic considerations.
- Ability for strategic and pragmatic thinking, and a growth mindset. Able to make decisions taking into consideration an array of perspectives.
Our Commitment to You
Newmont is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Underpinned by our values of Safety, Sustainability, Integrity, Responsibility and Inclusion, our commitment is to respect the rights of every individual to work to their highest potential, free of discrimination, as well as the cultures, religions, and governing codes applicable to each country in which we operate.
If you share our values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, submit your application through our website before the advertised closing date.