Welcome to Newcrest!
Newcrest is one of the world's largest gold mining companies. As a global business, we aim to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels safe, valued, and supported to bring their whole unique self to work.
We recognise that our different backgrounds and perspectives help us find better ways to: solve problems; attract and retain the best people; explore, develop, and produce more gold safely and profitably; and help make Newcrest a better place to work.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Sr. Mine Engineer to join our Vancouver Regional Office on a temporary six month contract. This role will work from the Vancouver Office and will work on site at our Red Chris and Brucejack Mines.
The Sr. Mine Engineer will develop and implement Newcrest’s professional practices plan (PPMP) document required by Engineers and Geoscientists, BC (EGBC) to support the permit to practice requirement.
The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop Quality Management Policies and Procedures meeting the quality management requirements in the bylaws;
- Develop and build the framework for professional practices management plan (PPMP) as per requirements under EGBC
- Develop a code of conduct that identifies how Newcrest will ensure compliance with Engineers and Geoscientists BC’s Code of Ethics;
- Develop policies and procedures to ensure compliance with the continuing education requirements;
- Implementation of PPMP guidelines at both Red Chris and the Brucejack Mine
- Provide training in this area
- Other duties as requested/required
What we offer:
All our team members are rewarded with a host of great benefits, including:
- Extended Health and Dental benefits and insurance for eligible employees
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience, skills, and qualifications
- Ongoing training with continuous growth and development opportunities
The successful candidate will be a certified Mine Engineer bringing with them prior experience as a supervisor.
- 8-10 years of experience in mining and working on site
- Previous experience in document control
- Previous experience developing and implementing PPMP is an asset
- Previous experience in Quality Management Policies and Procedures
- Previous experience developing professional practices management plans
Our commitment to you:
At Newcrest, we hold core values that focus on caring about people, working together, and achieving a high-performance culture through innovation and problem solving.
Newcrest’s commitment to diversity and inclusion respects both the rights of every individual to work to their highest potential, free of discrimination, as well as the cultures, religions, and governing codes applicable to each country in which we operate.
Newcrest promotes a drug and alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
If you share our values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, submit your application online before the advertised application closing date.
IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR AN EXCITING NEW CHALLENGE, JOIN NEWCREST TODAY!