Explore the unknown:
Newcrest is one of the world's largest gold mining companies. As a global business, we aim to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels safe, valued, and supported to bring their whole unique self to work.
We recognise that our different backgrounds and perspectives help us find better ways to: solve problems; attract and retain the best people; explore, develop, and produce more gold safely and profitably; and help make Newcrest a better place to work.
Our Red Chris mine is located on the traditional territory of the Tahltan and we encourage qualified applicants from the local communities to apply. We offer several designated marshalling points within BC including Nanaimo, Vancouver, Kelowna, Kamloops, Williams Lake, Prince George, Smithers, and Calgary, AB.
Take a lead role in the handover of the feasibility study mine design for the Block Cave Project and execute the detailed mine design and scheduling required to support Execution phase of the Project.
- Take a lead role in the handover of the feasibility study mine design for the Block Cave Project and execute the detailed mine design and scheduling required to support Execution phase of the Project
- Lead the mine design optimization efforts to ensure that the mine design and schedule meet or exceed the Budget Plan
- Lead forward works efforts for detailed engineering
- Manage design scope of works for internal and external engineering support
- Setting up the engineering processes to support underground mining including, mine design, scheduling and execution approval systems with a high level of automation
- Support the execution of the lateral development works that form a part of the overall Block Cave Project by providing the lateral development Business Partner with all planning and design deliverables.
- Provide safety leadership to the project with a strong focus on process safety and culture;
- Assist in building the site underground technical team to proceed with the next steps of underground construction including training / mentoring and recruitment efforts.
- Challenge assumptions and foster innovative thinking, to deliver the best outcomes for Newcrest and partners.
Qualifications & Experience:
- 6+ years of experience as a Mining Engineer or related, in operating underground mines and projects under development/expansion.
- Strong background in mid-range and strategic mine planning, design, and quality assurance
- Previous working experience with block caving method a plus
- Previous international work experience considered an asset
- Development project experience in start up or early production phases of underground mining operations.
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written) upwards (to General Manager/Study Manager/Project Director/Mining Manager) and to operational and technical levels
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, or equivalent degree in a relevant field
- Professional Engineer designation in BC or the ability to achieve this
- Experience with Deswik mine planning software required
- SAP or Aconex experience considered an asset
Our commitment to you:
At Newcrest, we hold core values that focus on caring about people, working together, and achieving a high-performance culture through innovation and problem solving.
Newcrest’s commitment to diversity and inclusion respects both the rights of every individual to work to their highest potential, free of discrimination, as well as the cultures, religions, and governing codes applicable to each country in which we operate.
If you share our values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, please apply online before the advertised application closing date.