Welcome to the Brucejack Mine!
We are Pretivm – a Canadian mining company, headquartered in Vancouver, BC, owns and operates the high-grade underground Brucejack gold mine located 65 kilometers north of the town of Stewart in northern British Columbia. Commercial production was announced July 2017 and in 2020 the mine produced over 347 thousand ounces of gold at an All In Sustaining Cost of US$981 per ounce of gold sold. In 2020 Pretium generated over US$369 million of free cash flow. Brucejack is one of the largest and highest-grade gold mines globally and as of January 1, 2021 has Proven and Probable mineral reserves of 3.9 million ounces of gold (14.4 million tonnes grading 8.3 grams per tonne gold). Pretium trades on the TSX and NYSE under the ticker symbol “PVG”.
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring a safe, comfortable and diverse working environment. We are working closely with our neighbors – the local communities and First Nations – to provide employment.
About the Opportunity:
We currently have an opportunity for a Senior Contract Manager in Smithers or Vancouver, British Columbia.
Job Purpose and Accountability:
The Senior Contract Manager is accountable for managing company supply chain contracts in a responsible and ethical manner to optimize contract value while meeting acceptable standards for safety, quality, cost, timeliness and sustainability.
- Executing the contract-to-value business process to achieve financial control, risk mitigation, efficient execution and timely results in all purchase and service contracts;
- Managing a contract team;
- Communicating effectively with company personnel and suppliers while executing the contract-to-value process;
- Understanding requirements and specifications for purchased goods, services, and projects as documented in purchase contracts;
- Supporting Buyers during negotiation of purchase contracts by contributing the expectations of the contract-to-value business process;
- Working collaboratively with Pretium Operations and Maintenance personnel to manage supplier and service contracts and relationships through clear accountability and delivery of contract commitments;
- Working collaboratively with Pretium and external Legal personnel to minimize risk and incorporate appropriate legal requirements into contracts;
- Optimizing ongoing supplier relationships;
- Ensuring a library/database of purchase contract templates and executed purchase contracts is in place and current;
- Monitoring in-progress contracts to identify and act on performance thresholds, upcoming expiry dates and other relevant Pretium and supplier contract commitments;
- Working with Legal personnel to establish and improve templates for contracts and related documents such as non-disclosure agreements, protection of intellectual property, supplier code of conduct, and First Nations and sustainability requirements;
- Mentoring to develop the contract team and other supply chain personnel to improve group and individual performance;
- Using technology tools appropriately and promoting their use as dictated by company policy and process;
- Reporting performance on key performance indicators such as: spend under management, total value of purchase contracts, annual contract expiries, contract performance, supplier performance, contract disputes;
Qualification and Experience:
- 10-20 years of purchase contract management experience in heavy industrial settings
- Mining experience is required
- Bachelor’s university degree
- Experience working with First Nations
- Safety first and environmental responsibility incorporated into all work undertaken
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including listening and understanding differing viewpoints;
- Attention to detail when required to: document contract commitments, negotiate contracts and execute the contract-to-value process;
- Flexibility to adjust pace and timing of work to balance risk, policy and operational needs to achieve results;
- Ability to operate effectively in stressful situations and assist company personnel and suppliers to achieve required results;
- Applies good judgment to seek innovation and improvement in supply chain processes and supplier performance;
- Willingness to consult and seek advice to reach good decisions to address risk, innovation or unfamiliar situations.
- Pretivm promotes a drug and alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre- employment drug and alcohol testing
What we can offer you:
We are committed to ensuring that all of our team members are kept healthy and safe.
All of our team members are also rewarded with a host of including:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience, skills, and qualifications.
- Extended medical benefits and wellness coverage.
It is important to note that the wellbeing of our team is our top priority. As such, we promote a drug and alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR AN EXCITING NEW CHALLENGE JOIN PRETIVM!