ERM is seeking an experienced and motivated Senior Consultant – Northern Regimes to take a leading role on a range of projects that target improved environmental, sustainability, and/or socio-economic performance of natural resource management, with a focus in Canada’s North. Your work is expected to contribute to client-focused business and strategic planning initiatives, stakeholder & rightsholder engagements, governance and organizational reviews, and Indigenous reconciliation. You will support existing consulting relationships, develop new opportunities, and advance internal practices. Senior Consultants actively contribute to the internal growth and development of our team, our systems, and our culture.
This role will be based in our Ottawa office but can be fulfilled remotely. There will be occasional periods of travel as required based on project needs. This is a great opportunity for a mid-level to senior professional looking to advance their career with a global leader in sustainability, and work with a high functioning team in Canada.
The Senior Consultant, Northern Regimes is accountable for:
- Supporting the design and implementation of tailored approaches to gathering input from varied stakeholders, including facilitating group decision-making discussions
- Managing all aspects of projects, including developing work plans, tracking performance against budgets, leading project teams, and liaising directly with clients
- Completing required research, interviews, and running multi-stakeholder workshops, then synthesizing collected data and information to prepare clear and compelling reports and presentations that contribute to the successful completion of a consulting engagement
- Contributing to business development and marketing activities in the firm by activating your own network, extending this network over time, and preparing client proposals
- Supporting internal initiatives and practices that contribute to the growth and diversity of ERM/Stratos as a firm and as a team
- Thinking critically and strategically, helping to influence the impact of our work and the outcomes for our clients.
YOUR OPPORTUNITY FOR GROWTH
ERM offers a truly impactful work experience with opportunities to grow, lead and contribute to areas that matter to you.
- Your impact may be felt personally – leading a project from start to finish, or through working as part of a bright, dynamic team with a good work-life balance.
- You will impact the ability of ERM’s clients to deliver on their mandates. We work with a wide variety of organizations whose work can significantly enhance or impede sustainability and our collective pursuit of the UN Sustainable Development Goals. Your work at ERM will help them shape and better fulfil their important visions.
f you have a passion for, and experience in Northern regulatory regimes / Northern-focused projects, this is an excellent opportunity for a professional looking to collaborate with an expert consulting team on interesting natural resource management projects. Our clients span a wide range of corporate, government and non-government clients— we help them achieve positive and tangible social, environmental, and economic impact. As a team, we are shaping a sustainable future with the world’s leading organizations.
Preferably you have education and experience relating to sustainability and natural resource management.
Education and experience
- Bachelors or Masters level degree required in a discipline related to natural resource management, sustainability, or social science
- At least five years’ work experience related to Canada’s North and within the resource management, environmental, or sustainability space
- Previous consulting experience is highly desirable
- Maintain a network of relationships and can comfortably discuss ideas for follow on work with clients that will increase the value provided by ERM/Stratos
- Facilitate multi-interest engagement and other collaborative problem-solving initiatives
- Collaborate naturally, are dependable and flexible
- Take a proactive and long-term approach to solving problems and creating value for both our organization and our clients
- Demonstrate a positive, confident approach when working with others
- Demonstrate a growth mindset and keen interest and ability to learn new skills and knowledge, applying and integrating on an ongoing basis
Your skills include:
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking capability, able to collect and synthesize large amounts of information and discern what is important
- Proven record of effective time management and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to manage projects and teams, including developing and monitoring budgets, timelines, product quality, and internal project status communication
- Ability to write clearly and succinctly for different audiences
- Ability to identify clear decisions or recommendations that may emerge from meeting discussions and/or research
- Demonstrate interpersonal and communication skills (in speaking and writing), as evidenced by clear and respectful communications with colleagues and clients
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple client/stakeholder deadlines simultaneously in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to plan and facilitate effective and inclusive meetings and workshops that engage all parties and generate outputs and outcomes that meet the established objectives
- Working knowledge of French is an asset
Please follow the link to our careers site to apply below:
Qualified candidates will be contacted by email. Based on review of these responses, shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews. Thank you for your interest in ERM!
Environmental Resources Management (ERM) is a leading global provider of environmental, health, safety, risk, social consulting services and sustainability related services. We have more than 160 offices in over 40 countries and territories employing more than 4,500 people who work on projects around the world. ERM is committed to providing a service that is consistent, professional and of the highest quality to create value for our clients. We have worked with many of the Global Fortune 500 companies delivering innovative solutions for business and selected government clients helping them understand and manage the sustainability challenges that the world is increasingly facing.
For over 40 years we have been working with clients around the world and in diverse industry sectors to help them to understand and manage their environmental, health, safety, risk and social impacts. The key sectors we serve include Oil & Gas, Mining, Power, and Manufacturing, Chemical and Pharmaceutical. All face critical sustainability challenges and our clients in these and many other areas rely on our ability to assist them operate more sustainably which has a positive impact on our planet.
Our people are outstanding, our workplace is energized! And we continuously strive to be the preferred place for environmental and other professionals to build meaningful and rewarding careers.
ERM is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.