This is an outstanding opportunity for a senior-level Project Manager looking to advance their career with a global environmental leader, and to make a significant impact in successfully implementing ERM's global strategy.
- Play a key role in growing our business in the Mining sector in Canada
- Provide project management and senior technical expertise on major, multimillion-dollar projects
- Lead a rapidly growing team of technical specialists delivering impact assessment and permitting project work within Canada and globally
- Work out of our dynamic and vibrant downtown Vancouver office with the flexibility of working remotely/from home
We want to do great things; we need your help
As a Senior Project Manager with experience leading regulatory and permitting projects, you will be equipped to lead a multidisciplinary team to deliver proposals, EAs/EISs, permit applications, and associated management plans. This is an opportunity to utilize your established relationships with companies, along with your strong project management skills to successfully lead environmental assessments and permitting for large-scale capital projects. You will serve as a representative of our company, and play a key role building our business and winning new projects. Your big-picture understanding of our business, and ability to build strong client relationships based on trust and mutual benefit will be critical.
- Work on multiple projects and serve as project manager to ensure deliverables achieve client expectations for scope, budget, schedule, and quality.
- Drive preparation primarily of EAs/EISs, permit applications and associated management plans, lead environmental constraints analysis and develop plans to support construction implementation for mining projects in BC.
- Contribute to business development of ERM’s global impact assessment and planning service area. Identify and develop new opportunities, prepare effective proposals, including development of scopes and cost estimates, and take an active leadership role in developing new business with new and existing clients.
- Lead, manage performance, hire and retain, inspire and mentor personnel for overall success of project management team.
- Actively contribute to ERM’s project management technical community and collaborate with other ERM global practitioners to execute projects.
Who you are:
- BSc or MSc in Sciences, Environmental Engineering or related field.
- Minimum 4 years of consulting experience in impact assessment and permitting, specifically in the mining sector in BC.
- Well-developed team building and influencing skills; unquestionable integrity; and the experience, confidence, and stature to effectively address client and business needs and challenges.
- Demonstrated experience working with the provincial and federal regulatory agencies, Indigenous organizations, and the public. Understanding of key drivers within the mining sector in BC. Experience as a project manager for environmental regulatory projects in Alberta, Northwest Territories, Nunavut, and Ontario is also an asset.
- High degree of project management competence and broad knowledge of impact assessment best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to develop/maintain long-term relationships with clients.
- Excellent communication, time management and organizational skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and project management approaches/tools.
- Ability to rise to the challenge in high pressure environments, managing diverse internal and external stakeholders, and becoming energized by a vibrant team of colleagues based across the country and the globe.
- Leadership skills with the ability to coach and mentor collaborative teams, demonstrate ERM values and become a safety ambassador.
This is a full-time position. During peak activity, there will be some overtime required, and meetings with clients may not strictly happen between 9-5 as we work with clients in a variety of time zones.
Please follow the link to our careers site to apply below:
Qualified candidates will be contacted by email. Based on review of these responses, shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews. Thank you for your interest in ERM!
Environmental Resources Management (ERM) is a leading global provider of environmental, health, safety, risk, social consulting services and sustainability related services. We have more than 160 offices in over 40 countries and territories employing more than 4,500 people who work on projects around the world. ERM is committed to providing a service that is consistent, professional and of the highest quality to create value for our clients. We have worked with many of the Global Fortune 500 companies delivering innovative solutions for business and selected government clients helping them understand and manage the sustainability challenges that the world is increasingly facing.
For over 40 years we have been working with clients around the world and in diverse industry sectors to help them to understand and manage their environmental, health, safety, risk and social impacts. The key sectors we serve include Oil & Gas, Mining, Power, and Manufacturing, Chemical and Pharmaceutical. All face critical sustainability challenges and our clients in these and many other areas rely on our ability to assist them operate more sustainably which has a positive impact on our planet.
Our people are outstanding, our workplace is energized! And we continuously strive to be the preferred place for environmental and other professionals to build meaningful and rewarding careers.
ERM is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.