ERM is seeking a self-starting, dynamic Senior Consultant – Environmental Engineer, with a focus on acoustic engineering. In this role, you will provide high-quality noise assessment, pre-and-post construction noise surveys, modeling noise impacts, and providing noise mitigation recommendations to ERM’s clients. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to work on a diverse project portfolio, including projects in our air quality and civil engineering community. This is an excellent opportunity for a senior acoustic professional looking to advance their career level with a global sustainability leader.
- Provide creative and fit-for-purpose acoustical technical analyses for client projects.
- Support the development of noise assessments, including baseline noise surveys and noise impact modeling for airborne noise projects.
- Analyze data obtained through web-based research, aerial photos, and survey reports to assess construction noise impacts to projects.
- Act as the ‘Subject Matter Expert’ for noise impact analysis for Environmental Assessments and Impact Statements across various Canadian and international jurisdictions.
- Correspond and collaborate with ERM’s Acoustical Technical Community to ensure appropriate technical review of documents and support the expansion of our acoustical services globally.
- Conduct agency consultations; participate in site visits, agency, and public meetings as needed.
- Prepare scope of work, schedule and cost estimates for noise impact studies.
- Participate in business development and marketing opportunities such as attending conferences, client site visits, and attending marketing meetings.
- Work within quality/budget/schedule expectations and scope-specific assignments.
- Complete work assignments in accordance with ERM's management system, format and quality standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental or Civil Engineering, Environmental Science or a related discipline. Master’s preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in a professional services firm preferred.
- Experience with SoundPlan, CadnaA, Predictor or other industry-supported noise modeling software.
- Ability to organize data logically.
- Professional designation preferred.
- Strong Microsoft Office experience (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access).
- Strong commitment to safety, including following established Health & Safety protocols.
- Effective written/verbal communication and organization/analytical skills including experience writing detailed technical reports.
- Team player, eagerness to learn and grow, self-starter who takes initiative, versatile, and service-oriented mentality.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
Please follow the link to our careers site to apply below:
Qualified candidates will be contacted by email. Based on review of these responses, shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews. Thank you for your interest in ERM!
Environmental Resources Management (ERM) is a leading global provider of environmental, health, safety, risk, social consulting services and sustainability related services. We have more than 160 offices in over 40 countries and territories employing more than 4,500 people who work on projects around the world. ERM is committed to providing a service that is consistent, professional and of the highest quality to create value for our clients. We have worked with many of the Global Fortune 500 companies delivering innovative solutions for business and selected government clients helping them understand and manage the sustainability challenges that the world is increasingly facing.
For over 40 years we have been working with clients around the world and in diverse industry sectors to help them to understand and manage their environmental, health, safety, risk and social impacts. The key sectors we serve include Oil & Gas, Mining, Power, and Manufacturing, Chemical and Pharmaceutical. All face critical sustainability challenges and our clients in these and many other areas rely on our ability to assist them operate more sustainably which has a positive impact on our planet.
Our people are outstanding, our workplace is energized! And we continuously strive to be the preferred place for environmental and other professionals to build meaningful and rewarding careers.
ERM is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.