Do you have a passion for being in the wilderness? Are you an avid hunter or fisherperson? Are you handy and have previous experience in carpentry, electrical, mechanical and plumbing? If you do, then this opportunity may be calling your name. These positions are not for the faint of heart. We are looking for the toughest of the tough, the ones that want to be challenged by extreme situations and thrive in the world’s toughest terrain.
Matrix is seeking Camp Managers on a rotational basis for projects across Canada in some on the most remote locations for our upcoming season.
Life as a Remote Camp Manager are as follows:
- Landing on site and building a camp from the ground up
- Cooking your meal on a Coleman type stove until the camp is built (with a team)
- Shifts of 4 on 2 off
- Fixing generators and other necessary items at all hours of the day and night, in all temperatures
- Wild animal monitoring
- No showers/washroom or laundry facilities until you have built them (with a team)
- The potential for builds or camps to be weather locked and personnel placed in critical survival situations
- Long days which can include 24 hour on-call shifts
- Extreme arctic temperatures (-50 to +30 degrees)
- Extremely remote locations (Fly in/out)
- Very hands on work (this is not a desk job!)
Required Knowledge & Experience
- Carpentry, Electrical, Plumbing, Mechanical
- Management, organizational and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Client facing experience
- Computer literate/Proficient computer skills.
- Conflict resolution skills.
- Highly motivated, team-oriented individual with attention to detail.
- Ability to work a rotation schedule.
- Physical ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Able to lift and move heavy objects, walk and stand for long periods of time and perform physical labor.
Qualifications or proficiency with the following:
- PAL -Must have
- Level 1 First Aid Certification or equivalent 2-day course.
- Previous experience working in a remote camp setting.
- Wilderness experience
- Great communication skills with an ability to be diplomatic and level headed
- Diesel Generators
- Satellite phone
- Valid Driving License
- Criminal record check
- Medical fit for work
If you are interested in this opportunity and have the experience we are seeking please submit a resume outlining your experience and hobbies. If you have any outdoor experience, please highlight that in your application. Please note that only those short-listed for interviews will be contacted.
Candidates may be subject to a criminal record check and certified medical fitness exam.
For more information on the MATRIX group of companies, please visit our website at: www.matrixco.ca/careers.