Welcome to Newmont!
Newmont has recently acquired Newcrest Mining creating the world’s leading gold mining company.
With operations around the world, our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities where we operate. We aim to create an inclusive environment where everyone feels safe, valued, and supported to bring their whole unique self to work. We bring out the best in each other, inspiring performance, and a shared belief that what we do matters.
Our Brucejack operation is now recruiting for the position of Reliability Specialist, Fixed Assets with a competitive base salary between $127,206 – $145,925 dependent on experience, skills, and competencies with consideration to internal equity with an additional short-term incentive of 15%.
The Reliability Engineer/Specialist is responsible for Reliability and Maintainability initiatives for physical assets at Brucejack mine. This role optimizes reliability, cost, and risk to best meet the mine objectives, by providing expertise in areas such as predictive maintenance, loss elimination, root cause analysis, maintenance strategy optimization, and will analysis equipment and maintenance process performance to enable data-driven decision making. The engineer/specialist will provide technical support to production, maintenance management and technical personnel.
Perform following duties, with safety being the number one priority:
- Provide technical leadership and participate actively to ensure the highest standards are achieved and maintained in terms of safety, environment, quality, and efficiency.
- Steward the measurement and analysis of equipment performance and loss data
- Conduct and lead maintenance strategy optimization by applying Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) concepts, evaluating criticality and risk analysis, and applying machinery data to guide continuous improvement.
- Work with the Planner/Scheduler to create and maintain preventive maintenance tasks identified through RCM practices.
- Ensure the Root Cause Analysis program is established and functioning in accordance with Newcrest RCA practices.
- Responsible for the management of all asset condition monitoring programs, technologies, tools, and systems.
- Conduct and lead Loss Elimination program for Plant and Mobile Equipment in accordance with Newcrest Loss Elimination practices.
- Provide various training to maintenance and operations employees related to the Brucejack Reliability Program.
- Responsible for insuring information on changes resulting from the various reliability and maintenance processes are captured in the appropriate systems (change management).
What We Offer
We are committed to ensuring that our team members are kept healthy and safe. To achieve this, we provide comfortable on-site accommodations with private washrooms, including excellent balanced meals prepared by our culinary team. Team members can expect access to TV and Wi-Fi, our on-site gym and a variety of recreational activities including a golf simulator, high-intensity fitness classes, yoga classes, seasonal snowshoeing, and hiking groups. You will also have access to a fully equipped music room while on site.
All our team members are also rewarded with a host of great benefits, including:
- Travel allowance and arrangements made for transportation to and from site.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience, skills, and qualifications
- Competitive Benefits and Registered Retirement Savings Plan matching program
- Ongoing training with continuous growth and development opportunities
It is important to note that the safety and wellbeing of our team is our top priority. As such, we promote a drug and alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
Position requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Proven track record of safe work and safety leadership.
- Technical College certification or University Degree in a related field. Red seal trade, with a minimum of 5 years’ experience will also be considered.
- Assignments are broad in nature and require appreciable originality, research, and ingenuity to successfully complete assignments.
- High degree of organizational, prioritizing, and motivational skills.
- Ability to motivate and work well with maintenance and operations employees to solicit input and develop ownership of key processes.
- High level of computer skills (SAP, MS Office) and capable of learning new applications
- Able and willing to work at a remote camp location on a 2-week rotation schedule.
- Able to pass employment medical screening.
- Legally licensed to operate company light vehicles both on and off site.
Our Commitment to You
Newmont is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Underpinned by our values of Safety, Sustainability, Integrity, Responsibility and Inclusion, our commitment is to respect the rights of every individual to work to their highest potential, free of discrimination, as well as the cultures, religions, and governing codes applicable to each country in which we operate.
If you share our values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, submit your application through our website before the advertised closing date.