Welcome to Newcrest!
Newcrest is one of the world's largest gold mining companies. As a global business, we aim to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels safe, valued, and supported to bring their whole unique self to work.
We recognise that our different backgrounds and perspectives help us find better ways to: solve problems; attract and retain the best people; explore, develop, and produce more gold safely and profitably; and help make Newcrest a better place to work.
Following the recent acquisition of Pretivm, Newcrest now own and operate the Brucejack Mine located 65 kilometers north of the town of Stewart in northern British Columbia.
The Brucejack underground mine is one of the largest and highest-grade gold mines globally and as of January 1, 2021 has proven and probable mineral reserves of 3.9 million ounces of gold (14.4 million tonnes grading 8.3 grams per tonne gold) with a mine life of 12 years.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Refrigeration Technician to join our Camp Maintenance team located at the Brucejack Mine.
The purpose of the Refrigeration Technician position is to ensure that all assigned construction projects and maintenance repairs complies with building codes in accordance with Project permits, policies, standards, and environmental requirements.
Perform following duties, with safety being the number one priority:
- Effectively install, troubleshoot, maintain, and repair commercial refrigeration and air conditioning equipment
- Measure and mark reference points for installation of gas lines and equipment
- Test and replace defective equipment or components
- Produce accurate records of parts and supplies inventory
- Be the approved person to purchase and sign for refrigerant supplies
- Prepare reports on condition of equipment
- Maintain and service gas fired equipment
- Participate in any other site-specific training
- Perform other duties to help maintain the successful operation of the mine facilities
What we offer:
We are committed to ensuring that our team members are kept healthy and safe. To achieve this, we provide comfortable camp accommodations, as well as balanced meals prepared by our culinary team.
Team members can expect access to TV and Wi-Fi, our on-site gym, and a variety of recreational activities.
All our team members are also rewarded with a host of great benefits, including:
- Travel allowance and arrangements made for transportation to and from site
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience, skills, and qualifications
- Ongoing training with continuous growth and development opportunities
It is important to note that the safety and wellbeing of our team is our top priority. As such, we promote a drug and alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
- Interprovincial Red Seal Certification as a Refrigeration Technician
- Class A or Class B Gas Fitter Certification
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in the maintenance of refrigeration and air conditioning equipment, preferably in the mining industry
- Proficient troubleshooting skills
- Ability to maintain inventory of refrigerant supplies
- Outstanding safety record
- Experience in working from an aerial man lift
- Experience in gas fitting and plumbing would also be an asset
- Proficient computer skills (Word, Excel and data entry)
- Valid driver’s license
- Certification in workplace hazardous materials information system (WHMIS)
- Certification in Transportation of dangerous goods (TDG)
- Work at remote location (camp) on a schedule encompassing 13 days on, 13 days off, and 2 travel days
- Able to pass a pre-employment medical screening
- Must be able to lift/move up to 50lbs throughout a work shift
- Be able maintain high levels of performance over 12-hour shifts
- Able to work in areas of extreme weather conditions
- Able to work in close quarters with the team
Our commitment to you:
At Newcrest, we hold core values that focus on caring about people, working together, and achieving a high-performance culture through innovation and problem solving.
Newcrest’s commitment to diversity and inclusion respects both the rights of every individual to work to their highest potential, free of discrimination, as well as the cultures, religions, and governing codes applicable to each country in which we operate.
Newcrest promotes a drug and alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
If you share our values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, submit your application online before the advertised application closing date.
IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR AN EXCITING NEW CHALLENGE, JOIN NEWCREST AND THE BRUCEJACK MINE TODAY!