Hy-Tech Drilling’s purpose is to contribute to a better world while building a sustainable and resilient business for our stakeholders. By being the most innovative, capable and accountable Diamond Drilling partner for the leading mining companies in the Americas and Europe, we enable our clients to reach critical minerals more quickly with less environmental impact. This supports global transition to a more sustainable future. We seek win / win / win solutions for our people, our customers, and the communities we support.
Hy-Tech has grown to a fleet of 60 drills operating throughout Canada, USA, Chile and Europe. We take pride in the success we’ve had working with our clients to develop innovative solutions for their project challenges and believe in our team’s strength and effectiveness in tackling concerns that may arise.
Hy-Tech is seeking a Recruiter to join our dynamic team. Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, the Recruiter will play a pivotal role in attracting, engaging and recruiting skilled field employees to further develop our operations team for current and future drill programs.
- Creates, edits, and strategically posts job advertisements to enhance Hy-Tech’s visibility among suitable candidates.
- Register for and attend recruitment events, representing Hy-Tech professionally and fostering a positive company image.
- Screen incoming applications diligently to identify potential candidates for interviews.
- Set expectations with candidates at the beginning of the selection process, providing realistic job descriptions, work schedules, locations, safety requirements, and the importance of teamwork.
- Conduct interviews to assess candidates’ experiences, such as rock conditions, drill types, pas work locations, and other relevant factors.
- Thoroughly assess candidates’ information and obtain confirmation through reference checks.
- Sources and cultivates relationships with high-potential candidates for future opportunities, ensuring a robust talent pipeline.
- Facilitate the onboarding process for new field employees, coordinating pre-employment assessments, preparing offer letters, and handling necessary paperwork.
- Keep the Field Scheduling Team updated on candidate onboarding timelines and provides insight into each candidate’s strengths and weaknesses for successful integration into the company.
- Maintains Hy-Tech’s social media accounts with engaging updates and photos to attract suitable candidates.
- Represents Hy-Tech Drilling professionally and upholds the company’s values and reputation during all recruitment activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Competitive wage based on experience and qualifications.
- Career growth, development and continuous learning opportunities.
- Comprehensive 100% Employer Paid Benefits Program (Employee & eligible Spouse/Dependents).
- Employer-matched RRSP program.
- Family access to the Bulkley Valley Recreation Centre OR the City of Saskatoon Civic Centers.
This position will be based out of the company headquarters in Smithers, BC or the branch location in Saskatoon, SK. Office work environment with some travel required.
Standard working hours are 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday. There will also be some requirements to be available after hours and on weekends during busy times to respond to critical situations.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Post-Secondary diploma or degree in Human Resource Management, Business, or a related discipline is an asset.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in the use of Microsoft Suite (particularly Excel) and database software.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Experience in an administrative environment with a strong interpersonal focus.
- Professionalism and high-quality standards.
- Perceive the bigger picture; tailoring your actions to achieve strategic objectives.
- Work independently and as part of a team.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Build rapport and credibility with candidates, employees, and management.
- Handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately.
- To be a positive ambassador for Hy-Tech.
Apply online at https://hy-techdrilling.com/our-crew/job-opportunities/