The Project Manager is responsible for managing and monitoring engineering design development, detail design, packaging engineering deliverables and scopes of work to facilitate tender of work packages. This role will monitor cost, schedule performance, and manage the change process to capture any deviations during construction and commissioning. This role will be responsible for overseeing one or more of the following: Surface Infrastructure; including water treatment plants, well field and water management infrastructure, construction camps and associated infrastructure, onsite power and reticulation, forestry and road and bridge developments, tailings management facilities, process facilities and early mine development. Underground Infrastructure; including portal pad development and associated infrastructure, multiple tunnel developments, supporting water management and ventilation infrastructure.
Key responsibilities for this position may include but not limited to:
- Own the development of engineering and construction project charters and associated scopes of work with assistance from the owner’s project team, engineering and construction firms including EPCM as required.
- Work with the Engineering and Project Services teams to report deviations and own the resolution of technical and commercial issues or conflicts.
- Provide the requisite inputs to Project Services to tender construction work packages, and work with the appointed Construction Director and Managers and report on any deviations.
- Review and approve proposed field originated design changes and monitor field installation work to ensure conformity with governing regulations and permits, project environmental commitments and project community relations commitments.
- Work with the Commissioning team to develop and handover the work package(s) to operations.
- Update the relevant sections of the Project Management Plan to incorporate new work packages or significant changes to ongoing engineering work packages and construction work packages.
- Monitor the Supplier Quality Surveillance Systems of the appointed Engineering Consultant(s) and ensure that defective work and materials are expeditiously addressed.
- Ensure that the relevant corporate and project risk management processes are implemented, monitored and mitigation updated during execution of engineering and construction work.
Education, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering is required
- Minimum 10+ years of mining project experience in coordinating design and field installation
- Proven skills in relationship building such as demonstrated empathy, emotional intelligence, and cross-cultural effectiveness able to achieve consensus and build alignment cooperatively
- Analytical and skills in evaluating and solving various complex problems
- Proven leadership skills in managing and developing a team
- Organizational competencies and project management skills to keep projects, processes, and teams on track
- Self-motivated attitude with the ability to multitask and thrive in a timeline-driven environment
- Interpersonal communication skills with expertise in distilling complicated topics to a broader audience
- Strong written and oral communication skills
Remote – Home based with travel to Vancouver, BC and Project Sites.
- an exciting opportunity to contribute to the success of the business and reach your full potential
- competitive salary and performance-based bonus plan
- health and welfare benefits
Closing Date: October 21st, 2021
We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans’ status, Indigenous status, or any other legally protected factors.
Please apply through email to firstname.lastname@example.org and attach your Cover Letter and Resume in Word or PDF format. Thank you for your application, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.