The Project Controls Manager handles all owner project control activities and team associated with the engineering, procurement, construction, and commissioning during the project lifecycle. The project control activities will include controls management of EP and CM contracts including EPCM, and direct owner contract work. This requires building and managing the overall estimate and budget including project and management contingency, and ranging, schedule, and quality components of the project. The role includes managing and consolidation of contractor and vendor progress reporting, cost performance, quality performance, identification and reporting of any deviation to the approved scope(s) of work, schedule, budget, or specified quality. The role will also develop and implement the project control’s processes and system including but not limited to WBS structure, cost and schedule control management and software, trends, and claims management, project accounting and finance interface, and project controls close out and handover.
Responsibilities for this position may include but not limited to:
- Manage all aspects of Project Controls including contingency and management reserve estimation.
- Develop and implement well established project controls processes, procedures, and systems.
- Develop and manage the project master schedule, estimate, budget and forecast.
- Conduct cost and schedule risk ranging assessments
- Interface with Corporate Finance and Accounting to ensure correct commitments and payment process
- Manage the reporting and analysis of earned value performance, cost trending, hours trending, quantity trending on a weekly and monthly basis
- Lead the analysis of contractor timesheets / reports / schedules for completeness and accuracy per the terms and conditions of the contract
- Lead the analysis of contractor payment certificate submissions for accuracy, and communicate and follow up with the contractor to obtain appropriate and accurate back-up
- Analyze and comment on contractor proposals / pricing
- Ensure all trends and change notices are properly documented in writing, in accordance with the established procedure
- Manage the collection of data, evaluate, and assess the overall cost impact of any changes on engineering, procurement and construction and report the conclusions to the Project Team for appropriate action
Education, Skills and Experience
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in business or commerce, Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or other equivalent qualifications
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in large-scale mining or infrastructure project development
- Experience managing project controls and controls management of EP and CM including EPCM firms and owners’ direct construction contracts and vendor services contracts
- Comprehensive knowledge of project controls processes
- Knowledge of construction and trade practices
- Proven knowledge in project management methodologies, construction methodologies, and tools used to track cost, time, and quality
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, ARES Prism, and P6
- Communications – proven strength in written and oral communication, ability to effectively engagement with key stakeholders
Remote – Home based with travel to Vancouver, BC, and Project Sites
Closing Date: October 21st, 2021
- an exciting opportunity to contribute to the success of the business and reach your full potential
- competitive salary and performance-based bonus plan
- health and welfare benefits
We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans’ status, Indigenous status, or any other legally protected factors.
Please apply through email to firstname.lastname@example.org and attach your Cover Letter and Resume in Word or PDF format. Thank you for your application, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.