ERM is seeking a Principal Consultant, Aquatic Resources to join our team in one of our major office locations across Canada (Yellowknife, Vancouver, Calgary or Toronto). The successful candidate will have experience with aquatic studies in streams, rivers, and lakes involving water quality, sediment quality, and biotic communities (benthic macroinvertebrates, zooplankton, periphyton, and phytoplankton). Marine experience is considered an asset. The scientist will carry out field programs, data analysis, and report writing for water quality and aquatic baseline and monitoring studies, and contribute to data management.
The successful candidate will be a member of the Integrated Water Services team in Canada, will interact within a multidisciplinary community of toxicologists, geochemists, hydrologists, fisheries biologists, and wildlife biologists (among other disciplines), and will become a member of an extensive team of global environmental, social and sustainability experts. This posting is for a full-time position and is designed for a motivated, career-minded person who enjoys working independently.
- Coordinate and implement freshwater and/or marine aquatics field programs.
- Compile, manage and analyze water quality, sediment quality, and biological data.
- Draft technical reports, or sections of reports, including environmental monitoring, environmental permitting, and impact assessments.
Qualifications and Desirable Skills:
- Minimum MSc in Aquatic Biology or similar discipline;
- Minimum 15 years of experience organizing, managing, and executing freshwater and/or marine aquatics field programs, including boating experience and working in remote locations;
- Strong data manipulation, graphing, and statistical skills using the open source program R or similar;
- Field experience in water quality, hydrology, and hydrogeology is considered an asset;
- Strong commitment to safety, including following established Health & Safety protocols;
- Prior experience in environmental consulting or government and the mining sector is considered an asset;
- Expertise with Federal, Provincial and Territorial regulations and guidelines;
- Excellent writing skills, communication skills, and time management skills;
- Enjoys working collaboratively and positively within a team setting as well as working independently;
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment;
- Ability to travel, and work in remote locations under a variety of weather conditions;
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record; and
- Bilingual in English and French/Spanish is an asset.
Please follow the link to our careers site to apply below:
Qualified candidates will be contacted by email. Based on review of these responses, shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews. Thank you for your interest in ERM!
Environmental Resources Management (ERM) is a leading global provider of environmental, health, safety, risk, social consulting services and sustainability related services. We have more than 160 offices in over 40 countries and territories employing more than 4,500 people who work on projects around the world. ERM is committed to providing a service that is consistent, professional and of the highest quality to create value for our clients. We have worked with many of the Global Fortune 500 companies delivering innovative solutions for business and selected government clients helping them understand and manage the sustainability challenges that the world is increasingly facing.
For over 40 years we have been working with clients around the world and in diverse industry sectors to help them to understand and manage their environmental, health, safety, risk and social impacts. The key sectors we serve include Oil & Gas, Mining, Power, and Manufacturing, Chemical and Pharmaceutical. All face critical sustainability challenges and our clients in these and many other areas rely on our ability to assist them operate more sustainably which has a positive impact on our planet.
Our people are outstanding, our workplace is energized! And we continuously strive to be the preferred place for environmental and other professionals to build meaningful and rewarding careers.
ERM is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.