Hy-Tech Drilling’s purpose is to contribute to a better world while building a sustainable and resilient business for our stakeholders. Through being the most innovative, capable and accountable diamond drilling partner for the leading mining companies in the Americas and Europe, we enable our clients to reach critical minerals more quickly with less environmental impact. This supports a global transition to a more sustainable future. We seek win/win/win solutions for our people, our customers, and the communities we support.
Hy-Tech has grown to a fleet of 60 drills operating throughout Canada, USA, Chile and Europe. We take pride in the success we’ve had working with our clients to develop innovative solutions for their project challenges and believe in our team’s strength and effectiveness in tackling challenges that may arise.
The Payroll Clerk is responsible for ensuring the accurate and timely processing of payroll and employee benefits in Canada. If you’re a self-driven, detail-oriented individual, the Payroll Clerk position with Hy-Tech Drilling could be the perfect opportunity for you! This role involves collaboration with various departments, employees, and managers during daily tasks, highlighting the need for interpersonal skills and the ability to foster relationships.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Assisting with payroll preparation and administration duties, such as:
- Assist in the preparation and administration of payroll for all employees, ensuring accurate and timely salary and wage payments.
- Process employee recoverables and authorized deductions.
- Balance government payroll taxes remittance and submit payments each pay period.
- Reconcile payroll records to accounting software and payroll systems registers.
- Prepare journal entries, records of employment, income tax forms, remittances and other forms are required.
- Administer group benefits plans and retirement savings.
- Monitor and process employee vacation and sick entitlement, and other forms of employee leaves (LWOP, LOA, statutory leaves, etc.). Alert manager of usage trends and inconsistency with policy.
- Maintain spreadsheets for each province of operation for Worker’s Compensation (WCB). Reconcile WCB charges with accounting software and payroll systems and prepares payments for each Province. Perform year-end balancing of WCB amounts.
- Process new hire and leaving employee processes within the payroll system.
- A competitive wage based on your qualifications and experience.
- Continuous growth, learning and development opportunities.
- Competitive benefits package and employer-matched RRSP program upon successful completion of a 3-month probationary period.
- Family access to Bulkley Valley Pool and Recreation Centre.
- This position is based out of the global company headquarters in Smithers, BC. Office work environment.
- Standard working hours are 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday. There will also be some requirements to be available after hours and on weekends during busy times.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Experience in an office or administrative role, with payroll experience considered an asset.
- Payroll certification or post-secondary courses in Bookkeeping/Accounting is considered an asset.
- Strong computer skills in word processing, databases, spreadsheets, email and the internet.
- Criminal Records Check as required.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and provide a current Drivers Abstract annually.
- Ability to:
- Perceive the bigger picture; tailoring your actions to achieve strategic objectives.
- Work independently and as part of a team, developing strong relationships.
- Prevent and eliminate problems.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.