Explore the unknown:
Newcrest is one of the world's largest gold mining companies. As a global business, we aim to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels safe, valued, and supported to bring their whole unique self to work.
We recognise that our different backgrounds and perspectives help us find better ways to: solve problems; attract and retain the best people; explore, develop, and produce more gold safely and profitably; and help make Newcrest a better place to work.
Our Red Chris mine is located on the traditional territory of the Tahltan and we encourage qualified applicants from the local communities to apply. We offer several designated marshalling points within BC including Nanaimo, Vancouver, Kelowna, Kamloops, Williams Lake, Prince George, Smithers, and Calgary, AB.
Purpose of the Role:
Core purpose and primary function are the Finning/CAT mining systems technologies, capital projects involving electrical and communications infrastructure, and the Motorola Digital Mobile Radio system.
- Ensure safe, reliable, and effective operation & maintenance of mine technology solutions including:
o Cat® MineStar™ Fleet (monitoring and management system)
o Cat® MineStar™ Detect (proximity awareness)
o MineStar™ Health (VIMS)
o Terrain (HP-GPS for drilling, grading, and loading operations)
o Cat® Driver Safety System
o Slope stability radars
o Vehicle Information Management (VIM) system
o TyreSense (Tire pressure and temperature monitoring)
o Fuel delivery system and fuel management cardlock
- Troubleshoot, repair, and replace as necessary mining technology solutions devices on heavy mining equipment and other mobile equipment
- Optimize and maintain the open pit wireless mesh and associated network, including the node power sources (AC/DC, solar, and supporting fuels)
- Support the Motorola digital radio system repeaters, antennae, and towers
- Support personnel and contractors with portable and mobile digital radios
We are seeking an individual for a Fly In, Fly Out opportunity working on a two weeks in, two weeks out rotation.