Welcome to Newcrest!
Newcrest is one of the world's largest gold mining companies. As a global business, we aim to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels safe, valued, and supported to bring their whole unique self to work.
We recognize that our different backgrounds and perspectives help us find better ways to: solve problems; attract and retain the best people; explore, develop, and produce more gold safely and profitably; and help make Newcrest a better place to work.
The Brucejack Mine is an operating underground gold and silver mine and is considered one of the highest-grade operating gold mines in the world. It is located 65 kilometers north of the town of Stewart in northern British Columbia.
We currently have an opportunity for a Mobile Maintenance Supervisor to join the Brucejack Mine in northern British Columbia.
The Mobile Maintenance Supervisor will maintain all heavy equipment, transport trucks, light vehicles and light equipment to ensure safety standards and to meet the projects objectives while overseeing maintenance planning and on-site technicians.
Perform following duties, with safety being the number one priority:
- Oversee maintenance planning.
- Oversee site technicians, welders, and welding projects.
- Provide site mechanical support and technical support to contractors.
- Complete all daily reports. Data entry/ equipment hours/routine maintenance/record keeping on faulty equipment.
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Check bulldozers, cranes, graders and other heavy construction, and mining equipment for proper performance and inspect equipment to detect faults and malfunctions.
- Diagnose faults or malfunctions using computerized and other testing equipment to determine extent of repair required.
- Adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts, components, or systems, using hand and power tools.
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance and to ensure that work meets manufacturers' specifications.
- Clean, lubricate and perform other routine maintenance work on equipment.
- Service attachments and working tools such as harvesting and tillage equipment, blades, ploughs, winches and side booms.
- Adhere to preventative maintenance program.
- Consult and collaborate with Health & Safety, Avalanche, and Environmental staff on applicable matters.
- Participate in any other site-specific training.
- Perform other related duties as required.
What We Offer
We are committed to ensuring that our team members are kept healthy and safe. To achieve this, we provide comfortable on-site accommodations with private washrooms, including excellent balanced meals prepared by our culinary team. Team members can expect access to TV and Wi-Fi, our on-site gym and a variety of recreational activities including a golf simulator, high-intensity fitness classes, yoga classes, seasonal snowshoeing, and hiking groups. You will also have access to a fully equipped music room while on site.
All our team members are also rewarded with a host of great benefits, including:
- Travel allowance and arrangements made for transportation to and from site
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience, skills, and qualifications
- Ongoing training with continuous growth and development opportunities
It is important to note that the safety and wellbeing of our team is our top priority. As such, we promote a drug and alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
Position requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Trade qualification as a Heavy-Duty Equipment Mechanic (Technician). Interprovincial (Red Seal) certification
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the maintenance of diesel and gasoline mobile and stationary equipment, preferably in the mining industry or heavy industry setting.
- Proficient troubleshooting skills
- Advanced operating skills with site equipment
- Outstanding safety record
- Training and experience in snow cat maintenance would be an asset.
- Experience with maintenance of underground mobile equipment would also be an asset.
- Proficient computer skills (word, excel and data entry)
- Valid driver’s license for any vehicle that may be utilized for the job.
- Industrial First Aid
- Certification in workplace hazardous materials information system (WHMIS)
- Certification in Transportation of dangerous goods (TDG)
- Work at remote location (camp) on a 13 days on/12 days off rotation
- Able to pass a pre-employment medical screening.
- Must be able to lift/move up to 50lbs throughout a work shift.
- Be able maintain high levels of performance over 12-hour shifts.
- Able to work in areas of extreme weather conditions.
- Able to work in close quarters with the team.
- Newcrest promotes a drug and alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
Our Commitment to You
At Newcrest, we hold core values that focus on caring about people, working together, and achieving a high-performance culture through innovation and problem solving.
Newcrest’s commitment to diversity and inclusion respects both the rights of every individual to work to their highest potential, free of discrimination, as well as the cultures, religions, and governing codes applicable to each country in which we operate.
If you share our values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, submit your application through our website before the advertised closing date.
IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR AN EXCITING NEW CHALLENGE, JOIN NEWCREST AND THE BRUCEJACK MINE TODAY!