Welcome to Newcrest!
Newcrest is one of the world's largest gold mining companies. As a global business, we aim to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels safe, valued, and supported to bring their whole unique self to work.
We recognize that our different backgrounds and perspectives help us find better ways to: solve problems; attract and retain the best people; explore, develop, and produce more gold safely and profitably; and help make Newcrest a better place to work.
The Brucejack Mine is an operating underground gold and silver mine and is considered one of the highest-grade operating gold mines in the world. It is located 65 kilometers north of the town of Stewart in northern British Columbia.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Mobile Maintenance Planner to join the Brucejack Mine in Northwestern, British Columbia.
The Mobile Maintenance Planner’s primary responsibility is to establish and implement a mechanical asset maintenance strategy and scheduling to ensure the capability, reliability and availability of all surface and underground light and heavy-duty equipment at the Brucejack project. Concurrently, this position is responsible for developing and monitoring planned preventive and predictive maintenance programs for the greatest operating profit while maximizing equipment efficiencies as per manufacturer’s specifications in support of operational deadlines and objectives.
Perform following duties, with safety being the number one priority:
- In consultation with the General Foreman, coordinate the activities of Mechanics, Welders, and maintenance service contractors.
- Deliver daily updates at morning meeting to communicate mechanical and/or equipment availability issues/actions.
- Follow up on daily Preventative Maintenance (PM) and repairs to ensure equipment will be running on time/as planned.
- Monitor and evaluate equipment operating procedures to minimize equipment failures and downtime.
- Develop and implement an asset management data base system to efficiently and effectively plan predictive and preventative maintenance activities.
- Manage data collection to identify equipment usage & breakdown trends to mitigate potential future equipment failures and recommend changes when deemed necessary.
- Develop and maintain accurate maintenance plans and service schedules in an environment of ever-changing priorities.
- Prepare work plans for daily, weekly, and long-term maintenance to ensure goals are achievable within the maintenance schedule and evaluate maintenance system and implement alternative procedures if deemed necessary.
- Coordinate in a timely and effective manner to meet maintenance schedules.
- Coordinate labour, parts, and equipment to ensure that all the necessary materials are available for the planned repairs/PM to meet priorities and production schedules.
- Prepare time estimates for work orders and jobs to optimize resource allocation.
- Work with Supply Chain personnel to ensure stock levels for equipment parts are in constant supply.
- Prepare parts/labour operating cost reports for budget planning.
- Monitor associated working costs to identify equipment & materials for capital budget considerations.
- Develop and maintain a PCR (Plant Component Replacement) program.
- Other related duties as required.
What we offer:
We are committed to ensuring that our team members are kept healthy and safe. To achieve this, we provide comfortable on-site accommodations with private washrooms, including excellent balanced meals prepared by our culinary team. Team members can expect access to TV and Wi-Fi, our on-site gym and a variety of recreational activities including a golf simulator, high-intensity fitness classes, yoga classes, seasonal snowshoeing, and hiking groups. You will also have access to a fully equipped music room while on site.
All our team members are also rewarded with a host of great benefits, including:
- Travel allowance and arrangements made for transportation to and from site.
- Competitive base salary between $87,875 – $115,000 dependant on experience, skills, and qualifications
- Ongoing training with continuous growth and development opportunities
It is important to note that the safety and wellbeing of our team is our top priority. As such, we promote a drug and alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
Valid inter-provincial trade qualification certificate in a mechanical trades or related discipline would be an asset, complimented with a minimum of 3 years or more of progressively related experience in a maintenance environment.
- Exceptional organizational, leadership and conflict resolution skills
- Detail and results oriented with the ability to multitask and adhere to deadlines.
- Familiarity with computerized maintenance planning & administrative software
- Experience with diesel power generating plants & underground mining equipment.
- Experience implementing business enterprise systems such as JD Edwards, SAP, or similar.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (English)
- Work at remote location (camp) on a 14 days on/14 days off rotation
- Able to pass a pre-employment medical screening.
- Must be able to lift/move up to 50lbs throughout a work shift.
- Be able maintain high levels of performance over 12-hour shifts.
- Able to work in areas of extreme weather conditions.
- Able to work in close quarters with the team.
- New Crest promotes a drug and alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
Our commitment to you:
At Newcrest, we hold core values that focus on caring about people, working together, and achieving a high-performance culture through innovation and problem solving.
Newcrest’s commitment to diversity and inclusion respects both the rights of every individual to work to their highest potential, free of discrimination, as well as the cultures, religions, and governing codes applicable to each country in which we operate.
If you share our values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, submit your application through our website before the advertised closing date.
IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR AN EXCITING NEW CHALLENGE, JOIN NEWCREST AND THE BRUCEJACK MINE TODAY!