Welcome to Newmont!
Newmont has recently acquired Newcrest Mining creating the world’s leading gold mining company.
With operations around the world, our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities where we operate. We aim to create an inclusive environment where everyone feels safe, valued, and supported to bring their whole unique self to work. We bring out the best in each other, inspiring performance and a shared belief that what we do matters.
Our Brucejack operation is now recruiting for the position of Mine Trainer with a competitive base salary between $100,000 – $112,000 dependent on experience, skills, and competencies with consideration to internal equity with an additional short-term incentive of 10%.
The Underground Mine trainer will be a key player in the development of projects for the Underground operations. Reporting to the Training Superintendent, the successful candidate will help developing training programs to ensure safe operations on site. The Mine Trainer’s main duties will be to ensure that Brucejack training standards, procedures and regulations are well transferred to the underground employees.
Reporting to the Training Superintendent, the Underground Mine trainer will be responsible for:
- Provide training to underground employees and visitors.
- Assist with required evaluations of the mine operators.
- Provide support in project developments for the Mine Operations department.
- Import and track training data in the learning management systems (LMS), including creating and updating courses, managing user accounts, and generating reports.
- Work closely with other trainers to ensure that training programs are effective, up-to-date, and meet business needs.
- Communicate effectively with employees and supervisors to ensure that they have access to the training resources they need.
- Assist with scheduling and coordinating training sessions, including booking venues and equipment, providing logistical support and travel changes.
- Develop, maintain and update training materials, including presentations, handouts, and other resources.
What We Offer
We are committed to ensuring that our team members are kept healthy and safe. To achieve this, we provide comfortable on-site accommodations with private washrooms, including excellent balanced meals prepared by our culinary team. Team members can expect access to TV and Wi-Fi, our on-site gym and a variety of recreational activities including a golf simulator, high-intensity fitness classes, yoga classes, seasonal snowshoeing, and hiking groups. You will also have access to a fully equipped music room while on site.
All our team members are also rewarded with a host of great benefits, including:
- Travel allowance and arrangements made for transportation to and from site
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience, skills, and qualifications
- Competitive Benefits and Registered Retirement Savings Plan matching program
- Ongoing training with continuous growth and development opportunities
It is important to note that the safety and wellbeing of our team is our top priority. As such, we promote a drug and alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
Position requirements include, but are not limited to:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Minimum 10 years of experience working underground, including experience with mechanized mining equipment.
- Experience in a training or learning and development environment is an asset.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills, with a focus on attention to detail and safety.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office and experience with learning management systems (LMS) or similar software.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a supportive, positive approach to training, ability to give direction.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, and to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrate problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Excellent customer service skills and a commitment to ensuring employee satisfaction.
- Work at remote location (camp) on a 14 days on/14 days off rotation
- Able to pass a pre-employment medical screening.
- Be able maintain high levels of performance over 12-hour shifts.
- Able to work in areas of extreme weather conditions.
- Able to work in close quarters with the team.
Our Commitment to You
Newmont is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Underpinned by our values of Safety, Sustainability, Integrity, Responsibility and Inclusion, our commitment is to respect the rights of every individual to work to their highest potential, free of discrimination, as well as the cultures, religions, and governing codes applicable to each country in which we operate.
If you share our values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, submit your application through our website before the advertised closing date.