Newmont has recently acquired Newcrest Mining creating the world’s leading gold mining company.
With operations around the world, our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities where we operate. We aim to create an inclusive environment where everyone feels safe, valued, and supported to bring their whole unique self to work. We bring out the best in each other, inspiring performance and a shared belief that what we do matters.
Our Red Chris operation is now recruiting for the position of Mine Equipment Trainer with a competitive base salary between $84,915 – $111,000.00 dependant on experience, skills, and qualifications. The offered base salary will be determined based on the successful candidate’s relevant experience, skills and competencies with consideration to internal equity.
The Mine Equipment Trainer is responsible for the safe and efficient development, maintenance and implementation of the training systems and processes in the Mine Operations area. This role is primarily focused around competency based assessment of equipment operators and mine staff in their duties. There is also a strong focus in procedure and document creation. This position is required for the development of all personnel working in the mine. There is also a requirement to provide support to the Training and Development team as a whole, assisting where needed, from site orientations to Working at Heights and Confined space training for the site. Mine Equipment Trainers are required to also provide leadership in their department and provide support to the Mine Operations Leadership team.
We are seeking two individuals for a Fly In, Fly Out opportunity working on a two weeks in, two weeks out rotation.
- Safety Leadership – Be a Safety Leader in all aspects of their position. Members of the Training and Development team must be an example of Visible Felt Safety Leadership and must have the courage to speak up when something isn’t right.
- Build and Influence relationships – Trainers must be approachable and adaptable to learning and leadership needs of team members. Trainers must have the ability to influence others through support, leading by example and coaching.
- Competency based assessment – Trainers must be able to assess team members and provide direction and development to them. Trainers must be advocates for learning in all forms and find innovative ways to deliver blended learning to team members.
- Operational Discipline- Meet project and development deadlines and provide compliance data at a regular basis to site leadership.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum of 4 years experience as a Mine Equipment Trainer or Supervisor in an Open Pit operation
- Must have experience on the following classes of equipment:
- Rigid Frame Haul Trucks (793, 785, 777)
- Electric Shovels
The below certifications are highly regarded:
- CERT IV in Training and Assessment
- Working at Heights (Fall Protection) Trainer certification
- Confined Space Trainer certification
- Mobile Equipment Trainer certification (Wheel Loader / Skid Steer / Telehandler / O/H Crane / Aerial Work Platform / C/B Forklift / Excavator)
Our Commitment to You
Newmont is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Underpinned by our values of Safety, Sustainability, Integrity, Responsibility and Inclusion, our commitment is to respect the rights of every individual to work to their highest potential, free of discrimination, as well as the cultures, religions, and governing codes applicable to each country in which we operate.
If you share our values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, submit your application through our website before the advertised closing date.