Welcome to Newmont!
Newmont has recently acquired Newcrest Mining creating the world’s leading gold mining company.
With operations around the world, our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities where we operate. We aim to create an inclusive environment where everyone feels safe, valued, and supported to bring their whole unique self to work. We bring out the best in each other, inspiring performance, and a shared belief that what we do matters.
Our Brucejack operation is now recruiting for the position of Mill Maintenance Supervisor with a competitive base salary between $123,840 – $148,350 dependent on experience, skills, and competencies with consideration to internal equity with an additional short-term incentive of 15%.
The Mill Maintenance Supervisor will supervise and delegate the day-to-day activities of the multi-trade maintenance team to ensure the work is completed in a safe and efficient manner.
Perform following duties, with safety being the number one priority:
- Prioritise and coordinate maintenance operations work for the efficient and safe execution of the approved work schedule.
- Supervise daily repair work to ensure effective utilization of manpower, materials, and equipment.
- Inspect equipment and assist maintenance and operations personnel in developing preventative maintenance programs resulting in lower costs and operating downtime.
- Monitor employee performance and take corrective action, when necessary, consistent with company policies.
- Review jobs upon completion to ensure accuracy and quality.
- Contribute and be a mentor in a safety driven, positive work culture.
- Communicate goals and key performance indicators to employees and monitor their development in accomplishing these goals.
- Monitor and approve overtime in accordance with company policies.
- Investigate incidents and near misses to determine root causes and develop corrective action plans.
- Administer interactive management for employee-related issues.
- Monitor employee behavior and plant operating conditions to ensure safe working environment consistent with company, local, provincial, and national safety standards.
- Assist in the recruitment and development of capable and competent maintenance personnel, establish clear expectations and goals, review and manage performance.
- Administer work procedures in accordance with company policies.
- Contribute to the development of Job Plans and Safe Work Procedures.
- Plan and deliver daily safety toolbox meetings as well as monthly safety meetings with maintenance crews.
What We Offer
We are committed to ensuring that our team members are kept healthy and safe. To achieve this, we provide comfortable on-site accommodations with private washrooms, including excellent balanced meals prepared by our culinary team. Team members can expect access to TV and Wi-Fi, our on-site gym and a variety of recreational activities including a golf simulator, high-intensity fitness classes, yoga classes, seasonal snowshoeing, and hiking groups. You will also have access to a fully equipped music room while on site.
All our team members are also rewarded with a host of great benefits, including:
- Travel allowance and arrangements made for transportation to and from site.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience, skills, and qualifications
- Competitive Benefits and Registered Retirement Savings Plan matching program
- Ongoing training with continuous growth and development opportunities
It is important to note that the safety and wellbeing of our team is our top priority. As such, we promote a drug and alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
Position requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Red Seal Millwright certification is required for this position combined with a minimum of ten (10) years’ mill maintenance experience in the mining industry five (5) of which, is in a supervisory role.
- Demonstrated experience in supervising multiple trades and ability to manage multiple tasks.
- The ability to troubleshoot mechanical, instrumentation and electrical equipment.
- Experience in Planning, project management and predictive management is desirable.
- Must have good computer skills with MS Windows, MS Excel, MS Word and MS Outlook.
- Must be able to lift/move up to 50lbs throughout a work shift.
- Able to work in a Mill setting as well as Underground.
- Be able maintain high levels of performance over 12-hour shifts.
- Able to work in areas of extreme weather conditions.
- Able to work in close quarters with the team.
- Able and willing to work at a remote camp location on a 2-week rotation schedule.
- Able to pass employment medical screening.
Our Commitment to You
Newmont is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Underpinned by our values of Safety, Sustainability, Integrity, Responsibility and Inclusion, our commitment is to respect the rights of every individual to work to their highest potential, free of discrimination, as well as the cultures, religions, and governing codes applicable to each country in which we operate.
If you share our values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, submit your application through our website before the advertised closing date.