Welcome to Newcrest!
Newcrest is one of the world's largest gold mining companies. As a global business, we aim to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels safe, valued, and supported to bring their whole unique self to work.
We recognize that our different backgrounds and perspectives help us find better ways to: solve problems; attract and retain the best people; explore, develop, and produce more gold safely and profitably; and help make Newcrest a better place to work.
The Brucejack Mine is an operating underground gold and silver mine and is considered one of the highest-grade operating gold mines in the world. It is located 65 kilometers north of the town of Stewart in northern British Columbia.
We currently have an opportunity for a Maintenance Manager to join the Brucejack Mine in northern British Columbia.
The Maintenance Manager is accountable to lead the governance and execution of all maintenance and reliability functions that pertain to fixed plant maintenance (1.38 million tonne primary crush and convey, milling, flotation, gravity table, concentrate production, paste production, tailings disposal), fleet maintenance (~100 pieces individual equipment, multiple types), high voltage transmission line maintenance (72km from connection point near Stewart to Brucejack), diesel power generation systems, and camp/facilities maintenance across 3 main areas (Brucejack, Knipple and Wildfire).
The incumbent will ensure that all work is performed productively while adhering to all Health, Safety and Environmental requirements without exception.
Perform the following duties, with safety being the number one priority:
- Oversee the creation and implementation of the site-wide maintenance vision, strategy, policies, processes, and procedures to enable the delivery of the mine plan.
- Lead the site-wide Maintenance Leadership Team (MLT).
- Sets direction and vision for attaining a Planned and Scheduled work environment, with a minimum of reactive work.
- Contribute to new business initiatives, projects, and reviews and communicate the impact on Maintenance activities.
- Provide key input for capital purchases to include specification and bid review.
- Ensure that the maintenance department operates in accordance with all health, safety and environmental policies and procedures to ensure the safety and well-being of staff and visitors.
- Accountable for the development and optimization of asset maintenance strategies to enable the delivery of the mine plan
- Accountable for the preparation and execution of maintenance plans which seek to maximise planned maintenance as a proportion of total maintenance performed
- Hold reports accountable for following work management processes. Ensures processes are measured, reported, and continuously improved.
- Ensure that all production and auxiliary assets are fit for purpose and provide proactive support/solutions when required.
- Provide governance for maintenance data systems, equipment history, and record keeping
- Ensure maintenance requirements are met during the equipment selection, modification and disposal process
- Sponsor key reliability, energy efficiency, and business improvement programs, such as asset condition management and root cause analysis.
- Hold direct reports accountable for managing contractors to ensure they meet legal and company requirements
- Improve the availability and reliability of equipment over time
- Ensure the delivery of the People Strategy within an area of accountability.
- Manage, coach and develop a high-performing maintenance team that meets agreed objectives, strives towards best practices, and continually improves.
- Set department objectives and periodically review and assess department performance
- Develop a succession plan identifying critical positions and highlighting potential vacancies; Select key competencies and skills necessary for business continuity; Focus development of individuals to meet future business needs.
- Provide mentorship to all department personnel and identify and document professional and personal development opportunities for team members.
- Review the performance of all direct reports and ensure their subordinates also receive regular reviews and feedback.
- Align maintenance improvement initiatives with the mine plan, and communicate strategic objectives to the maintenance team
What We Offer
We are committed to ensuring that our team members are kept healthy and safe. To achieve this, we provide comfortable on-site accommodations with private washrooms, including excellent balanced meals prepared by our culinary team. Team members can expect access to TV and Wi-Fi, our on-site gym and a variety of recreational activities including a golf simulator, high-intensity fitness classes, yoga classes, seasonal snowshoeing, and hiking groups. You will also have access to a fully equipped music room while on site.
All our team members are also rewarded with a host of great benefits, including:
- Travel allowance and arrangements made for transportation to and from site.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience, skills, and qualifications
- Ongoing training with continuous growth and development opportunities
It is important to note that the safety and well-being of our team is our top priority. As such, we promote a drug and alcohol-free work environment through mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
Position requirements include, but are not limited to:
Relevant experience in Maintenance and Reliability Management, with at least ten (10) years of experience managing in a mine or heavy industrial environment. The incumbent must have strong demonstrated leadership, and expertise in asset management with a strong focus on maintenance planning and reliability.
- Relevant engineering degree, or diploma/trade certificate with extensive experience
- Thorough understanding of Occupational Health and Safety and Mines Regulations
- In-depth understanding of warehousing, procurement, and contracts
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and CMMS software (SAP)
- Experience working at a remote work site would be considered an asset
- This position follows a 13 days in/13 days out rotation schedule.
- Able to pass employment medical screening.
- Comfortable working in close quarters with the team & in extreme weather conditions
- Newcrest promotes a drug and alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and with cause drug testing.
Our Commitment to You
At Newcrest, we hold core values that focus on caring about people, working together, and achieving a high-performance culture through innovation and problem-solving.
Newcrest’s commitment to diversity and inclusion respects both the rights of every individual to work to their highest potential, free of discrimination, as well as the cultures, religions, and governing codes applicable to each country in which we operate.
If you share our values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, submit your application through our website before the advertised closing date.
IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR AN EXCITING NEW CHALLENGE, JOIN NEWCREST AND THE BRUCEJACK MINE TODAY!