Explore the unknown:
Newcrest is one of the world's largest gold mining companies. As a global business, we aim to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels safe, valued, and supported to bring their whole unique self to work.
We recognise that our different backgrounds and perspectives help us find better ways to: solve problems; attract and retain the best people; explore, develop, and produce more gold safely and profitably; and help make Newcrest a better place to work.
Our Red Chris mine is located on the traditional territory of the Tahltan and we encourage qualified applicants from the local communities to apply. We offer several designated marshalling points within BC including Nanaimo, Vancouver, Kelowna, Kamloops, Williams Lake, Prince George, Smithers, and Calgary, AB.
Purpose of the Role
- Lubrication of all types of machinery, use of low and high volume lubrication devices, developing lubrication maps, and utilizing Computer Maintenance Management System (CMMS) (SAP) Preventive Maintenance (PM) Documents.
- Use of oil filtration systems to include flushing and replenishment. Inspects and maintains oil levels in all machinery to meet Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) specifications.
- Takes oil samples and submits for analysis, changes oil in all machinery to meet OEM specifications, visually inspects machinery for defects and wear, generates work orders and requisitions.
- Coordination with maintenance and production planning for service availability.
- Has the ability to learn how to use computers, participates in on-going training as a requirement of the position.
- Duties assigned to this position may be varied from time to time where required for effective manufacturing plant operations
We are seeking an individual for a Fly In, Fly Out opportunity working on a two weeks in, two weeks out rotation.