Interested in a job with Bandstra Transportation?
We are a transportation and logistics company, providing dedicated LTL & TL, van and deck service across Western Canada. With more than 65 years of service, we have developed a well-known and solid reputation for providing unparalleled service to our customers. With the experience that comes from servicing everything from the largest mines and manufacturers to the smallest local business, our team is equipped to handle almost any transportation project.
Our people are the key to our success! This is why we have been recognized by Trucking HR Canada as a Top Fleet Employer. From the clerk to the President, each person plays an important role in the overall supply chain, ensuring our customers receive their goods in the time frame they expect. We have a strong commitment to safety, as verified by our COR certification. We operate new equipment, which is continually maintained to the highest standard.
Join our team today – apply now!
We are currently accepting resumes for an experienced and ticketed Commercial Transport Mechanic for our Terrace, BC operations.
Job ID: 452-22
Start Date: As Soon As Possible
The successful applicant will be expected to perform the following:
- Fleet maintenance
- Diagnose and repair diesel/gas engines and commercial trailers
- Troubleshoot electrical issues
- Order parts and stock inventory as needed
- Record and maintain accurate work orders
- Complete 'Commercial Vehicle Inspections'
- Perform triage and some road side repairs
- Facilitate 3rd party repairs as needed
- Maintain preventative maintenance program
- Competitive hourly pay rates
- Full benefits (medical & dental)
- Matching RRSP
- Union Representation
In order to be qualified, applicants must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Valid Red Seal ticket
- Equipped with appropriate tools
- Valid class 3 license with air brake endorsement, Class 1 license preferred
- Driver's abstract must show no driving-related criminal code convictions in the prior 36 months; no more than 2 moving violations in the prior 12 months; and no more than 3 moving violations in the prior 36 months. The date of conviction and the current date will be the date used to determine time periods
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Proficient in English (both reading and writing)
Remit your resume and ‘N’ type driver’s abstract to be considered.
Bandstra is always looking for talented individuals who thrive in challenging environments. If you feel that you are the right person for this job, please respond to this ad.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Day shift