Welcome to Newcrest!
Newcrest is one of the world's largest gold mining companies. As a global business, we aim to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels safe, valued, and supported to bring their whole unique self to work.
We recognise that our different backgrounds and perspectives help us find better ways to: solve problems; attract and retain the best people; explore, develop, and produce more gold safely and profitably; and help make Newcrest a better place to work.
Following the recent acquisition of Pretivm, Newcrest now own and operate the Brucejack Mine located 65 kilometers north of the town of Stewart in northern British Columbia.
The Brucejack underground mine is one of the largest and highest-grade gold mines globally and as of January 1, 2021 has proven and probable mineral reserves of 3.9 million ounces of gold (14.4 million tonnes grading 8.3 grams per tonne gold) with a mine life of 12 years.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a qualified Light Duty Mechanic to join the Brucejack Mine in Northwestern, British Columbia.
The position’s primary report is to the Shop Supervisors or designates. The purpose of this position is to ensure light duty mechanical mobile equipment is maintained to the highest safety standards to meet operational objectives. The position also ensures compliance with all Newcrest's Health & Safety and other relevant policies and regulations.
Responsibilities will include:
- Adjust, repair or replace parts and components of automotive systems including fuel systems, brakes, steering and suspension, engine and drive trains, emission control and exhaust systems, cooling and climate control, electrical and electronic systems using hand tools, power tools and other specialized automotive repair equipment.
- Diagnose faults or malfunctions using computerized and other testing equipment to determine extent of repair required.
- Adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts, components or systems, using hand and power tools.
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance and to ensure that work meets manufacturers' specifications.
- Clean, lubricate and perform other routine maintenance work on equipment.
- Service attachments and working tools such as harvesting and tillage equipment, blades, ploughs, winches and side booms.
- Completion of daily work orders accurately.
- Participate in site-specific training.
- Perform other related duties as required
What we offer:
We are committed to ensuring that our team members are kept healthy and safe. To achieve this, we provide comfortable camp accommodations, as well as balanced meals prepared by our culinary team.
Team members can expect access to TV and Wi-Fi, our on-site gym, and a variety of recreational activities.
All our team members are also rewarded with a host of great benefits, including:
- Travel allowance and arrangements made for transportation to and from site
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience, skills, and qualifications
- Ongoing training with continuous growth and development opportunities
It is important to note that the safety and wellbeing of our team is our top priority. As such, we promote a drug and alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
- Interprovincial (Red Seal) Trades certification as a Light Duty (Automotive) Mechanic (Technician).
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in the maintenance of diesel and gasoline mobile and stationary equipment, preferably in an industrial setting.
- Experience in maintenance and repairs of ATV’s and snowmobile.
- Training and experience in snow cat maintenance would be considered an asset.
- Experience in maintenance of underground mobile equipment would be an asset.
- Valid driver’s license for any vehicle that may be utilized for the job.
- Certification in workplace hazardous materials information system (WHMIS)
- Certification in Transportation of dangerous goods (TDG)
- Work at remote location (camp) on a 13 days on/13 days off/2 travel day/12-hour days rotation.
- Able to pass a pre-employment medical screening.
- Must be able to lift/move up to 50lbs throughout a work shift.
- Be able maintain high levels of performance over 12-hour shifts.
- Able to work in areas of extreme weather conditions.
- Able to work in close quarters with the team.
- Must be able to supply personal tools for personal use upon start date
Our commitment to you:
At Newcrest, we hold core values that focus on caring about people, working together, and achieving a high-performance culture through innovation and problem solving.
Newcrest’s commitment to diversity and inclusion respects both the rights of every individual to work to their highest potential, free of discrimination, as well as the cultures, religions, and governing codes applicable to each country in which we operate.
Newcrest promotes a drug and alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
If you share our values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, submit your application online before the advertised application closing date.
IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR AN EXCITING NEW CHALLENGE, JOIN NEWCREST AND THE BRUCEJACK MINE TODAY!