JOURNEYPERSON: MILLWRIGHT, COAST MOUNTAIN HYDRO SERVICES INC.
SALARY: $55.11(hourly)$114,628.80 per annum (increases to $56.35 (hourly) $117,208 on Jan 1, 2024)
Coast Mountain Hydro Services Inc. (CMH) is seeking a full-time Journeyperson Millwright to add to our small team of dedicated professionals to manage the operation and maintenance of our hydroelectric facilities.
CMH is an award-winning [Recipient of a 2019 Clean Energy BC (CEBC) award for Operational Excellence] run-of-the-river hydroelectric project – comprising the Forrest Kerr, McLymont and Volcano Hydroelectric Facilities. We are located in Northwestern BC, with the Coast Mountain Range to the west and Skeena Mountains to the east, approximately 100 km from the town of Stewart and within the Golden Triangle in Tahltan Territory.
CMH is owned by Axium, Manulife and the Tahltan Nation. With two active mines in proximity, and an estimated $365.9M of exploration expenditures incurred in the Northwest throughout 2021, CMH – which generates 300 megawatts, enough to power 225,000 homes – is providing a source of clean power to local Tahltan communities and to the exploration and mining industry.
Reporting directly to the Operations Manager or delegate, and acting under the guidance and supervision of the Shift Supervisor, Millwright II is responsible for all aspects of routine day-to-day operations, as well as routine maintenance and facility emergency repairs.
• Monitor and control plant equipment at three CMH Hydro Generating Facilities, including powerhouses, intakes, switchyards, camp, roads and transmission lines;
• Turbine / Generator inspection and overhaul maintenance;
• Complete all maintenance in accordance with standard procedures;
• Day-to-day inspection and recording of operating parameters including output levels, temperatures, vibration levels and condition status;
• Complete routine and unplanned mechanical maintenance as part of the team which may or may not include outside contractors;
• Ensure high level of safety in all work;
• Investigate and repair major and minor equipment faults – both mechanical and electrical on a 24/7 basis while on duty;
• Prepare or assist with the preparation of operation and maintenance reports;
• Provide relief control room operator coverage;
• Provide accurate documentation of work found and work completed;
• Monitor and report on river flows and other environmental factors;
• Monitor and report on plant performance;
• Assist with planning major maintenance activities;
• Responsible for application of LOTO’s and completing safe work permits;
• Responsible for coordinating and monitoring work at the facilities in a safe and responsible manner;
• Communicate with multi-disciplinary teams, contractors and the Shift Supervisor on plant activities to ensure safe and reliable operation of the plants;
• Be actively involved in the continuous improvement of site safety and supporting programs;
• May be required to work after normal working hours and respond to callouts.
• Red Seal or Journeyperson Millwright or Industrial Mechanic with up to 5 years’ post journeyperson experience;
• Experience with heavy industrial maintenance preferred;
• Experience in run-of-river hydro generating station would be considered an asset;
• Computer savvy with experience in MS Word, Excel and office suite software;
• Experience with computerized maintenance management systems such as Maximo, SAP or similar;
• Valid drivers licence.