Explore the unknown:
Newcrest is one of the world's largest gold mining companies. As a global business, we aim to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels safe, valued, and supported to bring their whole unique self to work.
We recognise that our different backgrounds and perspectives help us find better ways to: solve problems; attract and retain the best people; explore, develop, and produce more gold safely and profitably; and help make Newcrest a better place to work.
Our Red Chris mine is located on the traditional territory of the Tahltan and we encourage qualified applicants from the local communities to apply. We offer several designated marshalling points within BC including Nanaimo, Vancouver, Kelowna, Kamloops, Williams Lake, Prince George, Smithers, and Calgary, AB.
Purpose of the Role:
The core purpose of this role is to:
• Ensure safe, reliable and effective operation & maintenance of Electrical devices and systems in an open pit mining environment
• Execute preventative and corrective maintenance, installation/removal of field electrical devices and systems
• Electrical support for open pit mining equipment (PC7000 and P&H 2800)
• Provide electrical support to maintenance, production & engineering teams
• Support Asset Management Best Practices
• Identify minor improvement projects
• Adhere to the site electrical engineering standards
• Assist in authoring and review of electrical maintenance procedures
We are seeking an individual for a Fly In, Fly Out opportunity working on a two weeks in, two weeks out rotation.