Welcome to Newcrest!
Newcrest is one of the world's largest gold mining companies. As a global business, we aim to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels safe, valued, and supported to bring their whole unique self to work.
We recognise that our different backgrounds and perspectives help us find better ways to: solve problems; attract and retain the best people; explore, develop, and produce more gold safely and profitably; and help make Newcrest a better place to work.
The Brucejack Mine is an operating underground gold and silver mine and is considered one of the highest-grade operating gold mines in the world. It is located 65 kilometers north of the town of Stewart in northern British Columbia.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Inventory Control Technician – BJM Warehouse Operations to join the Brucejack Mine in Northwestern, British Columbia.
The Inventory Control Technician will operate out of the BJM Warehouse supporting department inventory control tasks, mitigate inventory risk, inventory core return management, department internal inventory initiatives, inventory optimization responsibilities, reliability maintenance business needs and be the BJM Warehouse operational point person for the SAP Integration team and project owners.
As well, any duties as directed by the Warehouse Operations Supervisors and Superintendent.
Perform the following duties with safety being the number one priority:
- Support the BJM Warehouse & Parts Supervisors with the JDE to SAP Inventory integration, data transfers, inventory cycle counts, inventory variances and investigation, inventory KPI reporting.
- Participate in inventory Continuous Improvement projects.
- Participate in all NCM Safety initiatives, including all Safety aspects of the role.
- Action inventory control tasks – create bin location, description naming, obsolescence identification, etc.
- Support and provide coverage in other department technical team roles when necessary.
- Accurately report and support Inventory dashboard and other required reporting.
- Respond to general site enquiries regarding Inventory and Direct Charge.
- Makes decisions based on data, performs hands-on thinking, and uses a variety of problem- solving techniques.
- Leverages technology, digital tools, solutions, challenges, and emerging trends to lift Inventory optimization.
- Liaise with the Inventory Analyst and support all inventory control process and adhere to Inventory governance.
- Foster and maintain an effective relationship with the site SAP integration team and project owners.
- Foster and maintain effective business relationships with site based key stakeholders – Operations, Maintenance, Health & Safety, etc.
- The Inventory Technician will support the Warehouse & Parts Supervisors and all team members with any Inventory technical aspects that fall within the operational scope of BJM Warehouse.
What we offer:
We are committed to ensuring that our team members are kept healthy and safe. To achieve this, we provide comfortable camp accommodations, as well as balanced meals prepared by our culinary team.
Team members can expect access to TV and Wi-Fi, our on-site gym, and a variety of recreational activities.
All our team members are also rewarded with a host of great benefits, including:
- Travel allowance and arrangements made for transportation to and from site.
- Competitive annual salary range of $107,000-111,000 commensurate with experience, skills, and qualifications.
- Ongoing training with continuous growth and development opportunities.
It is important to note that the safety and wellbeing of our team is our top priority. As such, we promote a drug and alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
Position requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Red Seal Journeyperson – Industrial Warehousing or Partsperson.
- 5 + years applied experience in Warehouse Operations, Inventory Management, Inventory Auditing.
- 2 + years of applied SAP experience.
- 1+ years of applied Excel experience.
- 2+ years of Project Management experience / including Six Sigma Black or Green Belt.
- BC Mines Supervisor certification.
- Collaborative attitude, effective communications skills.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills.
Our commitment to you:
At Newcrest, we hold core values that focus on caring about people, working together, and achieving a high-performance culture through innovation and problem solving.
Newcrest’s commitment to diversity and inclusion respects both the rights of every individual to work to their highest potential, free of discrimination, as well as the cultures, religions, and governing codes applicable to each country in which we operate.
Newcrest promotes a drug and alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
If you share our values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, submit your application online before the advertised application closing date.
IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR AN EXCITING NEW CHALLENGE, JOIN NEWCREST AND THE BRUCEJACK MINE TODAY!