Welcome to Newcrest!
Newcrest is one of the world's largest gold mining companies. As a global business, we aim to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels safe, valued, and supported to bring their whole unique self to work.
We recognize that our different backgrounds and perspectives help us find better ways to: solve problems; attract and retain the best people; explore, develop, and produce more gold safely and profitably; and help make Newcrest a better place to work.
The Brucejack Mine is an operating underground gold and silver mine and is considered one of the highest-grade operating gold mines in the world. It is located 65 kilometers north of the town of Stewart in northern British Columbia.
We currently have an opportunity for a Human Resources Advisor to join the Brucejack Mine in northern British Columbia.
The Human Resources Advisor works directly with people leaders and employees, to provide daily support, guidance and coaching to ensure the execution of the core HR functions, as it relates to employee relations, performance, talent and capability, change management, and remuneration, along with other key functions of human resources.
This position works directly with all members of the site and regional human resources teams, employees, site supervisors, mine management to ensure the timely execution of related HR activities, duties, responsibilities, and accountabilities are handled in a safe and efficient manner.
This fast-paced role calls for an energetic, dynamic and highly organized professional to perform the duties and responsibilities with safety being the number one priority:
- Provide HR advisory support, coaching and guidance related human resources programs and activities to achieve Brucejack Mine’s corporate objectives, to build engaged high performing teams, as well as a diverse and inclusive environment;
- Provide HR advisory support, coaching and guidance to teams to manage employee performance, conflict management, employee relations, as well as, conducting workplace investigations;
- Manage the leave-management program, including general leaves, non-occupational leaves and return-to-work programs;
- Making recommendations regarding Brucejack’s internal compensation and work level structure in alignment with Newcrest’s remuneration program;
- Facilitating the delivery of HR-related training programs in order to enhance employee and leader capabilities, team cohesion and organizational effectiveness (i.e. training for Supervisors, new-hire onboarding, team building sessions);
- Support HR Business Partner’s and leadership teams in building an organizational culture based on trust, openness, and accountability that is in alignment with Newcrest’s values; as well as, developing and fostering strong relationships with employees and leaders to create influence and nurture trust;
- Support the delivery and execution of HR-related programs including Performance Management, Remuneration, Talent Management, and Diversity & Inclusion;
- Support HR Leadership and HR Business Partner’s with project creation and delivery;
- As required, assist with the day-to-day administration, processing and maintenance of human resources programs and services. This may include data entry, tracking systems, record keeping, compiling data and processing transactions in any of the HR-program areas;
- Other HR activities to support the success of the Brucejack Mine.
What We Offer
We are committed to ensuring that our team members are kept healthy and safe. To achieve this, we provide comfortable on-site accommodations with private washrooms, including excellent balanced meals prepared by our culinary team. Team members can expect access to TV and Wi-Fi, our on-site gym and a variety of recreational activities including a golf simulator, high-intensity fitness classes, yoga classes, seasonal snowshoeing, and hiking groups. You will also have access to a fully equipped music room while on site.
All our team members are also rewarded with a host of great benefits, including:
- Travel allowance and arrangements made for transportation to and from site
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience, skills, and qualifications
- Ongoing training with continuous growth and development opportunities
It is important to note that the safety and wellbeing of our team is our top priority. As such, we promote a drug and alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
- Post-secondary education with a concentration in Human Resource Management or a related discipline;
- A minimum of three (3) to five (5) years’ progressive experience in human resources
- Experience in handling employee relation matters, conducting investigations and managing non-occupational leave of absences;
- Previous experience in mining or a related industry is an asset, as well as a remote/FIFO environment;
- Chartered Professional in Human Resources (CPHR) or working towards the designation is an asset.
- Working knowledge of HR principles, policies & procedures, and a strong understanding of the British Columbia Employment Standards Act and other related employment legislation;
- Basic understanding of payroll fundamentals;
- Cross-cultural awareness with an understanding and sensitivity of the challenges associated with differences in cultural and economic backgrounds;
- Expert Proficiency with MS Office Suite;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate HR concepts, payroll, policies and processes;
- A proven ability to maintain confidentiality is required;
- Strong team player and able to work independently;
- Strong organizational and time management skills and knowledge to multitask and prioritize work;
- Sound presentation, interpersonal and relationship-building skills; and
- Direct experience working with a Human Resources Information System, such as SAP or JD Edwards.
Our Commitment to You
At Newcrest, we hold core values that focus on caring about people, working together, and achieving a high-performance culture through innovation and problem-solving.
Newcrest’s commitment to diversity and inclusion respects both the rights of every individual to work to their highest potential, free of discrimination, as well as the cultures, religions, and governing codes applicable to each country in which we operate.
If you share our values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, submit your application through our website before the advertised closing date.
IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR AN EXCITING NEW CHALLENGE, JOIN NEWCREST AND THE BRUCEJACK MINE TODAY!