Welcome to Newcrest!
Newcrest is one of the world's largest gold mining companies. As a global business, we aim to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels safe, valued, and supported to bring their whole unique self to work.
We recognize that our different backgrounds and perspectives help us find better ways to: solve problems; attract and retain the best people; explore, develop, and produce more gold safely and profitably; and help make Newcrest a better place to work.
The Brucejack Mine is an operating underground gold and silver mine and is considered one of the highest-grade operating gold mines in the world. It is located 65 kilometers north of the town of Stewart in northern British Columbia.
We currently have an opportunity for a Housekeeping Supervisor to join the Brucejack Mine in northern British Columbia.
The Housekeeping Supervisor is accountable for the overall hygiene of the accommodation facilities and administration buildings. As well as adhering to all health and safety regulations and company standards/policies and procedures.
Perform the following duties, with safety being the number one priority:
- Manage the daily activities of the Housekeeping Department to include appropriate cleaning of all rooms, bunks, offices, washrooms, and all public spaces. Ensure that housekeeping duties are completed daily, and that all facilities are clean, sanitized, well maintained and stocked with supplies.
- Lead and support the housekeeping team, manage schedules, staff and training.
- Planning, organizing, and directing team members to ensure the highest degree of cleanliness and guest satisfaction.
- Daily supervision of lead hands, housekeepers and janitorial staff.
- Manage, order, and distribute all housekeeping inventory including linens, cleaning products, tools and equipment.
- Receive all housekeeping supplies and provide documentation to the admin office if requested.
- Inspect rooms, bunks, offices, washrooms and all public spaces.
- Take disciplinary action with staff members.
- Ensure the housekeeping staff act and dress professionally while on the job.
- Uphold highest of standards in cleanliness, safety and conduct.
- Knowledge of safety standards for the housekeeping department.
- Determines and maintains the departments daily work assignments.
- Issue keys, room lists, check lists and cleaning schedules to the housekeeping staff at the beginning of shift and collect at the end of shift.
- Ensures the proper maintenance of equipment, make arrangements for repair and/ or replacement of used and damaged equipment.
- Hold daily safety toolbox meetings with housekeeping team.
- Respect client privacy.
- Perform other related duties to ensure the success of the Housekeeping Team.
What we offer:
We are committed to ensuring that our team members are kept healthy and safe. To achieve this, we provide comfortable camp accommodations, as well as balanced meals prepared by our culinary team.
Team members can expect access to TV and Wi-Fi, our on-site gym, and a variety of recreational activities.
All our team members are also rewarded with a host of great benefits, including:
- Travel allowance and arrangements made for transportation to and from site
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience, skills, and qualifications
- Ongoing training with continuous growth and development opportunities
It is important to note that the safety and wellbeing of our team is our top priority. As such, we promote a drug and alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
- Previous experience managing a team of housekeeping employees through motivation, coaching and development.
- The ability to multitask, anticipate guests needs, and change goals/ direction quickly.
- Working knowledge of property management system.
- Knowledge of Housekeeping processes and procedures.
- Proven experience supervising housekeeping departments of 15+ employees
- Ability to maintain a budget.
- Proven excellence in customer service
- Capable of using independent judgement/ solid decision-making ability
- Must be able to interact effectively with management, front office, and guests.
- Verbal communication skills that allow others to clearly understand your meaning.
- Ability to write clearly and effectively using proper English conventions.
- Proficient in Microsoft office
- Must be able to effectively manage one’s own time as well as that of the housekeeping team.
- Ability to teach others.
- Driver’s License & clean abstract.
- Work at remote location (camp) on a 13 days on/13 days off rotation, and 2 travel days.
- Able to pass a pre-employment medical screening.
- Must be able to lift/move up to 50lbs throughout a work shift.
- Be able maintain high levels of performance over 12-hour shifts.
- Able to work in areas of extreme weather conditions.
- Able to work in close quarters with the team.
- Newcrest promotes a drug and alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
If you share our values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, submit your application online before the advertised application closing date.
IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR AN EXCITING NEW CHALLENGE, JOIN NEWCREST AND THE BRUCEJACK MINE TODAY!