Welcome to Newmont!
Newmont has recently acquired Newcrest Mining creating the world’s leading gold mining company.
With operations around the world, our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities where we operate. We aim to create an inclusive environment where everyone feels safe, valued, and supported to bring their whole unique self to work. We bring out the best in each other, inspiring performance and a shared belief that what we do matters.
Please note this is an expression of interest and does not represent a live vacancy, candidates will only be contacted if a position becomes available.
We currently have some opportunities available for Temporary as well as Casual/On-call Housekeepersto join the Brucejack Mine in Northwestern British Columbia.
The Housekeeper will be responsible for the daily cleaning and sanitation of bunkhouse rooms and washrooms, cleaning of laundry, receiving and distributing supplies, and other tasks as needed. The position’s primary report is to the Housekeeping Manager or designate.
Perform following duties, with safety being the number one priority:
- Conduct all work in a manner that is safe, and in accordance with company policies
- Ensure that all WHMIS guidelines are followed, be familiar with MSDS materials for all products used, and use appropriate PPE for all tasks
- Keep cleanliness in bunkhouse rooms, halls and washrooms
- Perform linen changes and room cleanliness, as necessary
- Wash, fold and store laundry
- Contribute to the efficiency, safety, high morale, and smooth operation of the catering and accommodations team
- Develop an efficient system for daily duties
- Ensure all areas of responsibility are clean, sanitary, well-maintained, and stocked with supplies
- Make sure that all equipment and tools are well-maintained and in good working order
- Reporting any damage or needed repairs to the reporting authority
- Monitor inventory in areas of responsibility
- Help with monthly fire extinguisher inspections
- Report maintenance needs to a supervisor promptly
- Respect client privacy at all times
- Perform other related duties as required
What we offer:
We are committed to ensuring that our team members are kept healthy and safe. To achieve this, we provide comfortable on-site accommodations with private washrooms, including excellent balanced meals prepared by our culinary team. Team members can expect access to TV and Wi-Fi, our on-site gym and a variety of recreational activities including a golf simulator, high-intensity fitness classes, yoga classes, seasonal snowshoeing, and hiking groups. You will also have access to a fully equipped music room while on site.
All our team members are also rewarded with a host of great benefits, including:
- Travel allowance and arrangements made for transportation to and from site
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience, skills, and qualifications
- Competitive Benefits and Registered Retirement Savings Plan matching program
- Ongoing training with continuous growth and development opportunities
It is important to note that the safety and wellbeing of our team is our top priority. As such, we promote a drug and alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
As ideal candidates, you'll join us with previous housekeeping experience working in a restaurant, hotel, or similar environment along with excellent organizational and communication skills. Previous experience working in a camp environment is certainly an asset but is not a requirement for this role.
These roles may also require the following:
- The ability to multitask, anticipate guests needs, and to changes priorities quickly and efficiently
- Have the ability to work at remote location (camp) on a 13 days on/13 days off rotation
- Must be able to lift/move up to 50lbs throughout a work shift
- Able to work in areas of extreme weather conditions
Our Commitment to You
Newmont is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Underpinned by our values of Safety, Sustainability, Integrity, Responsibility and Inclusion, our commitment is to respect the rights of every individual to work to their highest potential, free of discrimination, as well as the cultures, religions, and governing codes applicable to each country in which we operate.
If you share our values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, submit your application through our website before the advertised closing date : https://secure.dc2.pageuppeople.com/apply/373/gateway/Default.aspx?c=apply&sJobIDs=985828&SourceTypeID=1175&sLanguage=en&lApplicationSubSourceID=17444