Welcome to Newcrest!
Newcrest is one of the world's largest gold mining companies. As a global business, we aim to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels safe, valued, and supported to bring their whole unique self to work.
We recognise that our different backgrounds and perspectives help us find better ways to: solve problems; attract and retain the best people; explore, develop, and produce more gold safely and profitably; and help make Newcrest a better place to work.
Following the recent acquisition of Pretivm, Newcrest now own and operate the Brucejack Mine located 65 kilometers north of the town of Stewart in northern British Columbia.
The Brucejack underground mine is one of the largest and highest-grade gold mines globally and as of January 1, 2021 has proven and probable mineral reserves of 3.9 million ounces of gold (14.4 million tonnes grading 8.3 grams per tonne gold) with a mine life of 12 years.
We currently have some incredible opportunities available for Housekeepers to join the Brucejack Mine remote worksite in Northwestern British Columbia.
This position is located at Newcrest Exploration Inc.'s “Newcrest” Brucejack site within the Catering & Accommodations Department. The position’s primary report is to the Housekeeping Manager or designate.
The Housekeeper will be responsible for the daily cleaning and sanitation of bunkhouse rooms and washrooms, cleaning of laundry, receiving and distributing supplies, and other tasks as needed.
Perform following duties, with safety being the number one priority
- Conduct all work in a manner that is safe, and in accordance with Newcrest policies
- Ensure that all WHMIS guidelines are followed, be familiar with MSDS materials for all products used, and use appropriate PPE for all tasks
- Keep cleanliness in bunkhouse rooms, halls and washrooms
- Perform linen changes and room cleanliness, as necessary
- Wash, fold and store laundry
- Contribute to the efficiency, safety, high morale, and smooth operation of the catering and accommodations team
- Develop an efficient system for daily duties
- Ensure all areas of responsibility are clean, sanitary, well-maintained, and stocked with supplies
- Make sure that all equipment and tools are well-maintained and in good working order
- Reporting any damage or needed repairs to the reporting authority
- Monitor inventory in areas of responsibility
- Help with monthly fire extinguisher inspections
- Report maintenance needs to a supervisor promptly
- Respect client privacy at all times
- Perform other related duties as required
What we offer:
As an employer of choice, we are committed to ensuring that all of our team members are kept healthy and safe. To achieve this, we provide comfortable camp accommodations, as well as balanced meals prepared by our culinary team.
Team members can expect access to TV and wifi, our on-site gym and a variety of recreational activities.
All of our team members are also rewarded with a host of great benefits, including:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience, skills, and qualifications.
- Extended medical benefits and wellness coverage for eligible employees.
It is important to note that the wellbeing of our team is our top priority. As such, we promote a drug and alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
Position requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Housekeeping experience in camp, hotel, or institutional environment.
- The ability to multitask, anticipate guests needs, and to changes priorities quickly and efficiently
- Ability to work at remote location (camp) on a 13 days on/13 days off rotation
- Able to pass a pre-employment medical screening
- Must be able to lift/move up to 50lbs throughout a work shift
- Be able maintain high levels of performance over 10- or 12-hour shifts
- Able to work in areas of extreme weather conditions
Our commitment to you:
At Newcrest, we hold core values that focus on caring about people, working together, and achieving a high-performance culture through innovation and problem solving.
Newcrest’s commitment to diversity and inclusion respects both the rights of every individual to work to their highest potential, free of discrimination, as well as the cultures, religions, and governing codes applicable to each country in which we operate.
Newcrest promotes a drug and alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
If you share our values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, submit your application online before the advertised application closing date.
IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR AN EXCITING NEW CHALLENGE, JOIN NEWCREST AND THE BRUCEJACK MINE TODAY!