Welcome to Newcrest!
Newcrest is one of the world's largest gold mining companies. As a global business, we aim to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels safe, valued, and supported to bring their whole unique self to work.
We recognise that our different backgrounds and perspectives help us find better ways to: solve problems; attract and retain the best people; explore, develop, and produce more gold safely and profitably; and help make Newcrest a better place to work.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Health and Safety Administrator to join the Brucejack mine.
As part of the Newcrest – Brucejack Mine, we are seeking an Administrator to join our growing team. The position reports to the Principal of Health and Safety.
Perform the following duties, with safety being the number one priority:
- Provide administrative support to the Principal and team
- Organize daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly reports
- Review reports for completeness, enter information into the database and obtain signatures. Follow up on corrective actions that have not been closed out on a bi-weekly basis.
- Assist in the transition towards new software.
- Participate in the development of Management Systems.
- Provide support to Newcrest management, staff and various site contractors and vendors in the interpreting and applying H&S policies, regulations, and legislation.
- Participate in developing and reviewing safe operating procedures for the mine site to ensure the appropriate information and template have been used and help set up a document control process to manage a procedure register.
- Assist in organizing site training documents, training hours, update training manager and matrix for employees and contractors.
- Maintain databases up to date as information is provided.
- Manage the inbox and transfer emails to the appropriate people.
- Take minutes for various meetings.
- Assist in the administration to finalize documents associated to the development of inspections, management systems, etc.
- Other duties as required
What we offer:
We are committed to ensuring that our team members are kept healthy and safe. To achieve this, we provide comfortable camp accommodations, as well as balanced meals prepared by our culinary team.
Team members can expect access to TV and Wi-Fi, our on-site gym, and a variety of recreational activities.
All our team members are rewarded with a host of great benefits, including:
- Extended Health and Dental benefits and insurance for eligible employees
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience, skills, and qualifications
- Ongoing training with continuous growth and development opportunities
- 3-5 years’ experience in an Administration role.
- General knowledge of Mining, processing activities, and construction activities
- General knowledge of BC Mines Regulations and WorkSafeBC OHS regulations
- Exceptionally strong computer skills in all Microsoft Office programs
- Previous database experience is preferred
- Self-starter with good organization skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to take meeting minutes and produce reports.
- Takes initiative and has good time management
- Knowledge of visual basics is desirable but not required.
Our commitment to you:
At Newcrest, we hold core values that focus on caring about people, working together, and achieving a high-performance culture through innovation and problem solving.
Newcrest’s commitment to diversity and inclusion respects both the rights of every individual to work to their highest potential, free of discrimination, as well as the cultures, religions, and governing codes applicable to each country in which we operate.
Newcrest promotes a drug and alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
If you share our values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, submit your application online before the advertised application closing date.
IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR AN EXCITING NEW CHALLENGE, JOIN NEWCREST TODAY!