Welcome to Pretivm!
We are Pretivm – headquartered in Vancouver, BC. Pretivm owns and operates Brucejack, a high-grade underground gold mine located 65 kilometers north of the town of Stewart in northern British Columbia. We have an office and warehouse in Smithers, BC as well as 3 camps located on our Brucejack property.
As an employer of choice and having been featured as one of BC's Top Employers for 2022, we are committed to our values – ensuring a safe, respectful, and diverse working environment. We value teamwork and integrity and are working closely with our neighbors, the local communities and First Nations – to provide employment.
Brucejack is one of the largest and highest-grade gold mines globally and as of January 1, 2021 has Proven and Probable mineral reserves of 3.9 million ounces of gold (14.4 million tonnes grading 8.3 grams per tonne gold) with a mine life of 12 years. Resource expansion drilling is ongoing and we have a large land package where we conduct grass roots exploration in the summer months.
Pretivm trades on the TSX and NYSE under the ticker symbol “PVG”.
Job Purpose & Accountability:
The Geology Administrator assists both the Chief Mine Exploration Geologists and Chief Mine Geologist with general office, administrative and clerical functions to keep the Geology and Engineering departments running smoothly and to meet projected targets.
Perform following duties, with safety being the number one priority:
- Coordinate on-site logistics with contractors and geology department including the movement of drill core between drill sites and the core shacks, status of drill rigs, helicopter status
- Monitor check-ins from all field personnel, and in the event of an emergency, effectively communicate with the Mine Logistics, Mountain Safety, and Emergency Response Teams
- Ensure all contractors and consultants have been approved to join the project. Proper documentation has been submitted with Contracts Administration and pre-employment testing is approved.
- Assist with incident report documentation
- Support in the recruitment process and paperwork for the hiring of new employees
- Maintain schedules for all Geology personnel, consultants, and contractors
- Review vacation requests and update Logistics and Accommodations with changes
- Enter and submit payroll for Geology and Engineering departments
- Enter monthly invoices into the budget tracking workbook
- Track geological consumables, create purchase orders with buyers, receive inventory from warehouse
- Oversee shipping and receiving logistics of consumables, contractor supplies, equipment
- Track sample shipments (Core, RC, soil, ABA) and coordinate with the core shack and lab personnel. Track program progress.
- Provide support in the core shack as required
- Perform other related duties to support the successful operation of the Brucejack Mine
- Understand and ensure compliance with Pretivm safety policies and governmental safety regulations including Ministry of Mines and WorksafeBC.
- Previous experience in the role of administrator is an asset
- Advanced computer software skills (i.e. Microsoft word, Microsoft excel spreadsheets and system tracking software applications, etc.)
- Demonstrated time management and decision making skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills with strong verbal/writing skills
- Emergency response experience in an industrial work environment
- Respond calmly and quickly to emergency situations
- Self-motivated and the ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Knowledge of workplace safety requirements and procedures
- First Aid training is an asset
- Cross cultural awareness with an understanding and sensitivity of the challenges associated with differences in cultural and economic backgrounds
- Work at remote location (camp) on a 14 days on/12 days off rotation
- Able to pass a pre-employment medical screening
- Must be able to lift/move up to 50lbs throughout a work shift
- Be able maintain high levels of performance over 12 hour shifts
- Able to work in areas of extreme weather conditions
- Able to work in close quarters with the team
- Pretivm promotes a drug and alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing
What we can offer you:
We are committed to ensuring that our team members are kept healthy and safe. To achieve this, we provide comfortable camp accommodations, as well as balanced meals prepared by our culinary team.
Team members can expect access to TV and Wi-Fi, our on-site gym, and a variety of recreational activities.
All our team members are also rewarded with a host of great benefits, including:
- Travel allowance and arrangements made for transportation to and from site
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience, skills, and qualifications
- Ongoing training with continuous growth and development opportunities
It is important to note that the safety and wellbeing of our team is our top priority. As such, we promote a drug and alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR AN EXCITING NEW CHALLENGE JOIN PRETIVM AND THE BRUCEJACK MINE TODAY!