Welcome to Newcrest!
Newcrest is one of the world's largest gold mining companies. As a global business, we aim to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels safe, valued, and supported to bring their whole unique self to work.
We recognise that our different backgrounds and perspectives help us find better ways to: solve problems; attract and retain the best people; explore, develop, and produce more gold safely and profitably; and help make Newcrest a better place to work.
Following the recent acquisition of Pretivm, Newcrest now own and operate the Brucejack Mine located 65 kilometers north of the town of Stewart in northern British Columbia.
The Brucejack underground mine is one of the largest and highest-grade gold mines globally and as of January 1, 2021 has proven and probable mineral reserves of 3.9 million ounces of gold (14.4 million tonnes grading 8.3 grams per tonne gold) with a mine life of 12 years.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Fixed Plant Maintenance Technical Specialist to join the Brucejack Mine in Northwestern, British Columbia and reports directly to the Maintenance Superintendent or designate.
The Maintenance Technical Specialist’s primary responsibility is to deliver reliable subject matter expertise in support of the Brucejack Maintenance Improvement Plan.
Perform the following duties, with safety being the number one priority:
Prepare and recommend asset strategies which achieve organizational objectives.
- Perform / contribute to asset criticality analysis including maintenance of an equipment criticality register
- Perform FMEA / FMECA and prepare equipment maintenance plans / tactics in consultation with operations, maintenance and SME personnel, which improve equipment reliability / performance
- Actively participate in the continuous improvement of the Asset Tactics used in the preventative maintenance (PM) and condition monitoring programs.
- Participate in design reviews and undertake strategy development for new assets.
- Provide assistance in critical spares requirements.
- Complete documentation and load sheets for tactics (PRTs, work instructions, critical drawings, BOM’s etc.)
Perform defect elimination investigations and lead implementation of identified opportunities to eliminate unplanned losses.
- Make sure defect elimination process is in place and key production losses are recorded accurately.
- Analyze losses and apply Root Cause Analysis methods (eg, ICAM, cause and effect, 5 Why, Fault Tree, Fishbone etc.) to identify failure cause and develop solutions.
- Manage the RCA action register to make sure improvements are implemented in a timely manner.
Support the implementation of the condition monitoring and predictive maintenance framework for fixed plant.
- Assistance in the development of a Predictive Maintenance (PdM) program. All predictive maintenance requirements should be identified via the Asset Strategy development;
- Provide analytical assistance in Vibration Analysis, Thermography, Airborne Ultrasonic Emissions, Ultrasonic Thickness testing and Motor Current Signature Analysis;
- Guide team in developing a model for valuation of items identified through PdM.
Perform data analysis to identify reliability improvement opportunities in the operation
- Identify bottlenecks, high costs and analyze equipment failures through use of reliability dashboards and asset health indicators. Raise notifications for immediate concerns and develop equipment improvement priorities with the support of data.
- Review CMMS (SAP) and loss/delay (PPMS) databases for equipment and work order history.
- Make recommendations to improve data quality.
- Verify that reliability improvement is occurring through reporting of reliability performance metrics such as Mean Time between Failures (MTBF), Mean Time between Stops (MTBS), Mean Time to Repair (MTTR), scheduled vs. unscheduled downtime, Availability and/or Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE);
Monitor, trend and quantify value generated by improvement projects and predictive maintenance.
- Support the implementation of an effective lubrication and contamination control program, to maintain equipment lubrication standards / requirements.
- Support the implementation maintenance quality standards to embed a philosophy of continuous improvement;
- Perform other tasks as assigned by your people leader.
Planning & Scheduling:
- Prepare, monitor and report against weekly / monthly performance plans to manager;
- Monitor and track progress of assigned improvement initiatives, linked to business value, to make sure they are delivering against schedule and impact objectives.
- Perform / take part in visible felt safety leadership activities in support of a safe working environment for all, including safety interactions, critical control layered reviews, and job inspections;
- Build / maintain collaborative relationships with peers at site and central functions;
Where applicable, manage the performance of contractors/consultants against agreed scope, objectives and schedule;
- Build own capability for work in current and future roles;
Support the coaching and mentoring of operations personnel in best practice AM / business practices;
What we offer:
We are committed to ensuring that our team members are kept healthy and safe. To achieve this, we provide comfortable camp accommodations, as well as balanced meals prepared by our culinary team.
Team members can expect access to TV and Wi-Fi, our on-site gym, and a variety of recreational activities.
All our team members are also rewarded with a host of great benefits, including:
- Travel allowance and arrangements made for transportation to and from site
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience, skills, and qualifications
- Ongoing training with continuous growth and development opportunities
It is important to note that the safety and wellbeing of our team is our top priority. As such, we promote a drug and alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
- Post-secondary qualifications in engineering or an equivalent discipline;
- Behaviour consistent with Newcrest values;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Deep understanding and demonstrated successful application of Asset Management theory and systems in an operating environment;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with extensive knowledge and experience in working in an industrial environment within a maintenance / asset management capacity;
- Work at remote location (camp) on a 13 days on/13 days off/2 travel day/12 hour days rotation;
- Experience transitioning ERP systems is desirable;
- Qualifications in business improvement or project management methods, such as Six Sigma, PMBOK, Agile, Lean, desirable but not required.
Our commitment to you:
At Newcrest, we hold core values that focus on caring about people, working together, and achieving a high-performance culture through innovation and problem solving.
Newcrest’s commitment to diversity and inclusion respects both the rights of every individual to work to their highest potential, free of discrimination, as well as the cultures, religions, and governing codes applicable to each country in which we operate.
Newcrest promotes a drug and alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
If you share our values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, submit your application online before the advertised application closing date.
IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR AN EXCITING NEW CHALLENGE, JOIN NEWCREST AND THE BRUCEJACK MINE TODAY!