OBSIDIAN Camps & Logistics Services inc., is a national company providing camps, logistics and aviation management services to a diverse range of clients in the resource and service sectors. Terrace is the regional hub for north western BC supporting mining exploration camps with expediting, people movement and supplies. OBSIDIAN’s safety and efficiency to our clients is of top priority.
OBSIDIAN is currently seeking an Expeditor (Seasonal). You will be responsible for the organization and delivery of goods to our client’s worksites. The Expeditor will be reporting to the Buyer and working directly with the Logistics Coordinator to ensure the timely acquisition and flow of all purchased materials to the jobsite. This is a fulltime position located in Terrace, BC.
- Interact with suppliers on a day-to-day basis, regularly expediting all outstanding purchase orders to keep information refreshed, up to date and referenceable.
- Verify receipt of material, checking all incoming shipments packing slips against the original purchase order indicating shortages, delays, back orders, or revised ship dates. Resolve shipment errors or shortages with the buyer.
- Ensure information is easily accessible through documentation on all inbound and outbound freight. Everything must be accounted for.
- Meet our client’s deliverables on expediting suppliers/materials to the appropriate job site.
- Adhoc administration and general labour duties in the yard may be warranted from time to time based on deadlines.
- Ensure all staff work safely and practice safe work practices.
- Submit timesheets for all OBSIDIAN staff that work on or out of the Terrace location.
- Ensure transportation protocol is followed by all drivers.
- Ensure corporate timeline are met which may include hands on support to the team.
- In conjunction with the Buyer you will:
- Ensure Inventory, purchasing and receiving information is processed, up to date, accessible and accurate.
- Review purchase requisitions to verify stock by comparing requisitions to inventory and clarify order details prior to expected pick up dates of freight.
- In Conjunction with the Yard Manger you will:
- Support with loading and unloading of trailers
- Yard maintenance as required
Required Knowledge & Experience:
- Minimum of 1-2 years working in an expeditor role.
- Above average Microsoft Excel knowledge.
- Strong communication experience.
- The successful candidate will be detail orientated, organized, able to multitask, and thrives in a fast-paced working environment.
- Previous experience working in warehouse, transportation, or retail industry.
Preferred Licensing & Certifications:
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License and clean drivers abstract required.
- WHMIS 2015
- Forklift License an asset
We thank all applicants for their interest inworking for OBSIDIAN; only those identified for further consideration will be contacted. Visit our career page at www.matrixco.ca