Coeur Mining, Inc. is a well-diversified growing precious metals producer with five operations in North America. Coeur’s wholly-owned operations include the Palmarejo silver-gold complex in Mexico, the Silvertip silver-zinc-lead mine in British Columbia, the Rochester silver-gold mine in Nevada, the Kensington gold mine in Alaska, and the Wharf gold mine in South Dakota. In addition, the Company owns the La Preciosa project in Mexico, a silver-gold exploration stage project. Coeur also conducts numerous exploration activities in North and South America. Coeur’s headquarters are located in Chicago, IL.
The Coeur Silvertip mine located in British Columbia, just 10 miles south of the Yukon border is seeking an Environment Coordinator to work in a camp-based environment rotating on 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off schedule.
If you are motivated by unique challenges, change, working in a remote location and work-life balance with the flexibility of a rotational schedule, this opportunity is for you!
This position will report directly to the Environment Manager.
- Participate in enforcing compliance with current permits;
- Ensure data is collected and reported in a timely fashion;
- Contribute to technical documents;
- Provide advice on environmental programs and practices to ensure compliance with environmental laws and permits;
- Provide training for environmental monitoring technicians and contractors;
- Compile and review data to identify trends and maintain site compliance
- Participate in the development and execution of proactive environmental projects to assist in reclamation and environmental management of the mine site;
- Lead by example and stablish a safety culture through participation in daily, weekly and monthly safety meetings;
- Perform ongoing inspections and risk assessments to identify and address unsafe conditions or hazards in the workplace;
- Ensure employee performance and activities follow safe processes.